Unbelievable. Houston’s defense had given up 6 passing touchdowns all season in starting 5-0. The game was on the road, against one of the best defenses in the league coming in. Aaron Rodgers was on fire all night, discount double checking the Texans to the tune of six touchdown passes. These throws were sick. Not a product of completely blown coverages but often pinpoint placement over defenders.
How impressive is it? Well, I went through the list of the six touchdown performances since 1960. It should come as no surprise that most of those performances came against less than stellar defenses. In fact, only one performance came against a team ranked better than 15th in Net Yards per Pass Attempt for the season (or in the upper half of its respective league pre-merger). That would be Matt Flynn’s six touchdown shocker playing in place of Rodgers last year against Detroit.
This Houston defense has been better than that Detroit defense, plus it came at home in the last game of the year. I’m assuming that Houston will finish in the top 10 in pass defense this year. Probably the best six touchdown performance ever, once we adjust for the defense that it came against. [Note: During the regular season. Steve Young's six touchdown game in the Super Bowl in January of 1995 remains the current gold standard based on the moment when it occurred]
[videos vía @cfbsection]
Related: Tom Brady Smack Talk Backfires
Related: Wes Welker got jacked up by Brandon Browner of the Seahawks
Related: Baltimore 31, Dallas 29, Dez Bryant Drops 2-point Conversion [GIF]
Related: Brandon Gibson: Rams WR Makes Incredible One-Handed Catch
Related: Ronde Barber With a “Pick Six” That Somehow Never Hit the Ground
Related: Harry Douglas, on His Back, Caught a Pass That Bounced Off the Helmet of an Oakland Defender
Related: Chiefs Block Tampa Bay Punt, Then Chaos Reigns
Related: Carson Palmer Giveth (on a Pick Six) . . . Carson Palmer Takes It Back Away
- LeBron James’ Game-Winning Lay Up at the Buzzer in Overtime While Roy Hibbert Sat on the Bench [Video]
- Paul George Hit a Ridiculous 3 to Send it Into Overtime After Throwing the Ball Away Moments Earlier [Video]
- Paul George Wore Aqua Pants and a Green, Amoeba-Pattered Dress Shirt to Game 1 in Miami
- Shane Battier Kneed Roy Hibbert in the Balls [Video]
- Chuck Norris Wants a NFL Team to Sign Tim Tebow Because He is a Winner Like Chuck Norris
- knifeyspoony on Paul George Wore Aqua Pants and a Green, Amoeba-Pattered Dress Shirt to Game 1 in Miami
- wildcat1144 on LeBron James' Game-Winning Lay Up at the Buzzer in Overtime While Roy Hibbert Sat on the Bench [Video]
- A.P. on Paul George Wore Aqua Pants and a Green, Amoeba-Pattered Dress Shirt to Game 1 in Miami
15 Responses to “Aaron Rodgers Just Turned In the Greatest Six Touchdown Performance Ever”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.