Some rough losses have knocked out Aaron Murray and E.J. Manuel. Here’s how the field looks this week.
Geno Smith [West Virginia - QB] Smith is building a substantial lead, now a 1/2 favorite from Bovada. He’s No. 1 overall in passer rating and completion percentage (81.4 percent) despite throwing more than 40 times per game. He has a 24/0 TD/INT ratio and a big win over Texas. He’s your leader, after him it’s sort of a morass.
Braxton Miller [Ohio State - QB] Miller has been efficient enough in the passing game. He has more than 700 yards passing and eight rushing touchdowns through three games. He seems more like a “favorite heading into his junior year” type candidate but has a strong chance to reach the podium. No Big Ten title game this year, but he’ll have the chance to make a closing statement against Michigan.
Collin Klein [Kansas State - QB] Klein is Braxton Miller with less explosive numbers. His candidacy rests on Kansas State continuing to win. Should he pull off the upset in Morgantown on Oct. 20 we may need to revisit this discussion. Right now, he would reach the podium though.
Mike Gillislee [Florida - RB] Posting 146 yards on LSU makes some noise. Big games against Georgia, South Carolina and Florida State would put him into the mix. Florida will pace him against their late season pay-check opponents. Not sure he will put up the extreme numbers it takes for a running back to win.
Cody Getz [Air Force - RB] His team is not good enough to get him there, but with no strong candidates we’ll tout him. Getz leads the nation in yards per carry and yards per game among featured running backs at 7.92 (more yards per carry than Denard Robinson). He’s on pace for more than 2,000 yards and 19 touchdowns. He has the 130 yards and three touchdowns on the road against Michigan to discredit arguments about his opposition. Maybe a Doak Walker Award?
[Photo via Presswire]
- John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- LeBron James and Paul George’s Epic Game 1 Battle Looks Even Cooler in Slow Motion [Video]
- Manchester City Players Were Super Excited To Catch Passes From Eli Manning [Video]
- Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull’s “Feel This Moment?” Dále!
- Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- orly57 on John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- yorwifesahor on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- Nada on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
- A.P. on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
23 Responses to “Heisman 2012 Power Rankings Week Six: Losses Send Podium Candidates Tumbling”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.