Alex Green is this week’s hottest pickup for those needing a running back. We don’t know how he will be used, but it’s probably a decent guess that he will get more carries than James Starks, who is in the doghouse. Benson was a quality RB2 option most weeks, so I think Green’s upside is low end RB2, and a matchup start from week to week. I wouldn’t break the bank for that, but it’s worth a chunk of your cap (30%-40%) if you need a starter or were a Benson owner. Worse players than Green have become fantasy relevant with opportunity.
DEEP: The only recommended add this week at QB is Kevin Kolb–owned in slightly less than half of leagues. (I’m rolling with him in a league where I have Brees on bye). This has less to do with Kolb and more to do with the matchup. Mark Sanchez and Alex Smith, along with Tom Brady, have destroyed the Bills defense. Arizona’s running back situation is unsettled, so I look for Kolb to get plenty of opportunities for big plays.
After that, your next play would be Christian Ponder going against the Redskins. If you are really desperate (stifles laughter) I suppose you could go with Mark Sanchez at home against the Colts. That would require a really deep league and perhaps a two-start situation.
DEEP: Like a broken drum, I’ll continue to bang the Kendall Hunter drum, as he added 81 yards this week. Flex start plus upside if Gore is out? Why is he still owned in fewer than half of leagues? David Wilson should get opportunities soon with Andre Brown’s concussion. Ahmad Bradshaw can’t carry it 30 times each week. He’s not someone you can start now but could be a contributor later in the year.
DEEPER: Of course, there’s Alex Green. After that, we also have the Arizona situation. Of course, that’s been pretty bad this year, so I’m not sure there is anyone throwing more than a cheap minimum bid flyer on. I would go LaRod Stephens-Howling, but he’s been hurt and isn’t a feature back potential. William Powell should get some carries as well.
SHALLOW: Randall Cobb is still available in many leagues. Darrius Heyward-Bey will be back from his concussion, just maybe not this week (listed as questionable). Robert Meachem had a breakout game but consistency is always an issue there.
DEEP: Jeremy Kerley may not be Mr. Right, but he is Mr. Right About Now We Have No One Else in New York. Donnie Avery didn’t put up big numbers but was targeted 8 times last week. As Reggie Wayne draws even more attention, look for Avery to start contributing some long scores. Definite flex add.
DEEPER: Emmanuel Sanders gets Tennessee. Michael Floyd is the clear #3 in Arizona, but Buffalo has been horrid.
DEEP: Dustin Keller has been dropped in plenty of leagues. Monitor this if you need someone, as he may be back. Coby Fleener could hope to duplicate Owen Daniels touchdown against the Jets on Sunday.
DEEPER: Desperation play here, but based on matchup, Rob Housler of Arizona against Buffalo could be a sleeping in the barn option. He was targeted a little more last week and showed some potential against the Rams.
[photo via US Presswire]
- Former UFC Fighter Waylon Lowe Suing Philly Sex Shop After a Gel Left His Genitals Burned and Scarred
- Brian Urlacher: Combining Old School and New School in Chicago, and Probably a Spot in Canton
- The Time Has Come for Replay in Baseball, But Bud & Co. Have to Get it Right
- David Beckham: Ignore Revisionist History, He Was One of the Greats
- Jose Canseco Is Being Investigated by Las Vegas Police for Sexual Assault
- MP III on Brian Urlacher: Combining Old School and New School in Chicago, and Probably a Spot in Canton
- s1rweeze on Brian Urlacher: Combining Old School and New School in Chicago, and Probably a Spot in Canton
- ButtersBC on Brian Urlacher: Combining Old School and New School in Chicago, and Probably a Spot in Canton
- ms621 on Brian Urlacher: Combining Old School and New School in Chicago, and Probably a Spot in Canton
- Ty_Webb on Brian Urlacher: Combining Old School and New School in Chicago, and Probably a Spot in Canton
22 Responses to “Fantasy Football Waiver Wire, Week 6: Alex Green Will Be Envied”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.