Tom Brady and Peyton Manning will be on the field together for the first time since the 2010 season, though things obviously look a lot different than those Colts and Patriots showdowns that were keystones of the last decade. Many of the most notable games, from the fourth and two game to the playoff game in New England in January of 2003, to the goal line stand to open the 2004 season, have featured these two quarterbacks.
That game is set for 4:25 eastern time, though, so here are your other matchups as you await that one.
Pittsburgh vs. Philadelphia: The Keystone State battle features the return of Troy Polamalu and James Harrison, along with Rashard Mendenhall, so we’ll see if the Steelers look better after the bye week.
Kansas City vs. Baltimore: Matt Cassel is under siege, as is GM Scott Pioli, as a banner even flew over the stadium asking to fire Pioli and bench Cassel. We’ll see if the Chiefs respond by showing up in a home game as an underdog.
NY Giants vs. Cleveland: Hakeem Nicks is still out, so it will be Hixon and Cruz going against the Browns in their final game without Joe Haden.
Indianapolis vs. Green Bay: Ghosts of a trip back in 1997 when Paul Justin led the Colts to an upset victory?
Washington vs. Atlanta: Matt Ryan has been tearing it up and now gets one of the worst pass defenses in the league? Doesn’t seem fair. Robert Griffin and the Washington offense will need to keep up, and not turn the ball over (an Atlanta specialty early in the year)
Miami at Cincinnati: Brian Hartline looks to follow up his big game, though Leon Hall is back for Cincinnati.
Other 4 PM Games:
Buffalo at San Francisco
Tennessee at Minnesota
Chicago at Jacksonville
Seattle at Carolina
[photo via US Presswire, Pioli banner photo via ArrowheadPride]
- Someone Shouted “Wooooo! We Did It! We Did It!” After San Antonio Held Off Memphis in Overtime [Video[
- Sergio Garcia Made a ‘Fried Chicken’ Joke Toward Tiger Woods
- 2013 NBA Draft Lottery Complete, Order is Set: Cleveland Cavaliers Get 1st Pick
- Marvin Bagley, a 7th Grader, is 6-foot-7 and Looks to Definitely Have a Basketball Future [Video]
- Robert Griffin III Could Have Planted the Seeds of a Perception Problem After Sending Pictures of Wedding Gifts, Says Washington Writer
- resolutedefense on Sergio Garcia Made a 'Fried Chicken' Joke Toward Tiger Woods
- Dawgfather on Someone Shouted "Wooooo! We Did It! We Did It!" After San Antonio Held Off Memphis in Overtime [Video[
- WheresWallace on Sergio Garcia Made a 'Fried Chicken' Joke Toward Tiger Woods
- Nada on Sergio Garcia Made a 'Fried Chicken' Joke Toward Tiger Woods
- Nada on Someone Shouted "Wooooo! We Did It! We Did It!" After San Antonio Held Off Memphis in Overtime [Video[
72 Responses to “NFL Sunday Football: Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, First Time, Long Time”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.