Jason Kidd, the fossil of a point guard who got piss drunk days after the Knicks signed him, then got behind the wheel and did this to his Suburban, apparently is hitting the bottle again. He actually said this Tuesday, when asked about his former teammate, Dirk Nowitzki, and his new teammate, Carmelo Anthony:
“Oh, yes, very similar, very talented,” Kidd said. “Demand a lot of attention, so hopefully what I’ve helped with Dirk and Dirk is now one of the top players in this league, hopefully I can do the same with Melo.”
Preposterous. Dirk is a far better player than Carmelo Anthony, and it really isn’t close. Better from the field, from three, from the foul line, better rebounding, you name it. Don’t even get into playoff embarrassments. Melo’s gotten his teams out of the first round once. The same can’t be said for Dirk, even though he’s been part of a few Mavericks teams that have failed spectacularly in the postseason.
Dirk is probably one of the Top 50 NBA players of all-time and a Hall of Fame lock. Carmelo Anthony couldn’t sniff that list, and has work to do to get into the Hall of Fame. Carmelo Anthony, at this point in his career, isn’t even Dominique Wilkins.
And if Kidd is insinuating he helped Dirk become one of the top players in the league, that’s laughable. Was Kidd in Dallas in 2005-2006 when the referees took the NBA Finals away from Dirk and gave it to D Wade’s Heat? [Zags Blog]
Previously: The Knicks Are the Oldest Team in the NBA
- Adam Scott and Other Golfers are Retaining Counsel in Response to the USGA Anchor Putter Ban
- The Combination of Two Teams From Same Country Hasn’t Produced the Best Champions League Finals [Video Rewind]
- Will Smith & DJ Jazzy Jeff Sang the Fresh Prince Song and Alfonso Ribeiro Danced on the Graham Norton Show
- Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- Umpires Screw Up Another Call on This Texas Rangers ‘Double Play’ [GIF]
- Shining Base Path on Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- Monster is Meth on Michael Jordan Turned the Ball Over Twice in a Row in a Crucial Playoff Game Loss - Just Like LeBron James! [Video]
- A.P. on Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- got_em_looking on Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- scripty on Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
42 Responses to “Jason Kidd Has Been Drinking Again: Point Guard Thinks Carmelo is Very Similar to Dirk”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.