D.J. Moore, a cornerback for the Chicago Bears, spoke at practice today and said that it was wrong for Jay Cutler to shove left tackle J’Marcus Webb during Thursday night’s loss to the Packers, per Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune.
Jay Cutler is popular among his teammates, despite all the outside criticism. Uh-oh. Why is Moore talking out now about this at all? No comment, dude. Twenty other stories have come and gone since Thursday, and it would have all been forgotten. Now, not so much.
On Friday Morning, the Chicago Sun-Times had some of Cutler’s quotes about the incident captured on TV as they walked off the field.
“I care about this,” Cutler said of the incident with Webb. “This isn’t just a hobby for me. If we’re not doing things the right way, I’m going to say something. If they want a quarterback that doesn’t care then they better get someone else.”
Webb tried to play it off and move on after the game.
“It’s an emotional game and things happen, and things get said, and you move on and go onto the next play,” Webb said. “Uh, take it for what it is.”
What it is now is a teammate on the other side of the ball coming in four days later, Moore’s quotes in the Chicago Sun-Times today toss even more gasoline:
“What did he do? Did he shove the guy? Oh yeah,’’ Moore said sarcastically. “[I think the criticism is warranted] man. I don’t think you can act like that, though. To make it seem like it’s just my fault or what not, I think it’s just wrong, though honestly. I would feel a certain way if he did me like that, to make it seem like, ‘Well, the reason I’m having a bad game is because is what you’re doing and not about me taking accountability for myself because I’m throwing these type of passes and doing these type of reads.’ It’s a tough situation.’’
[photo via US Presswire]
- CJ Spiller Breaks Down SpongeBob Characters While Eating a Foot Long Hot Dog [Video]
- Fan Runs on Field During Angels/Royals Game, Steals Rosin Bag, Trips Up Police Officer Chasing Him [Video]
- Roundup: Alex Trebek Rapping on Jeopardy, Obama’s Prom Photos & Saved by the Bell’s Graduation 20 Years Ago
- John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- LeBron James and Paul George’s Epic Game 1 Battle Looks Even Cooler in Slow Motion [Video]
- A.P. on CJ Spiller Breaks Down SpongeBob Characters While Eating a Foot Long Hot Dog [Video]
- cleet on Roundup: Alex Trebek Rapping on Jeopardy, Obama's Prom Photos & Saved by the Bell's Graduation 20 Years Ago
- Career High on Roundup: Alex Trebek Rapping on Jeopardy, Obama's Prom Photos & Saved by the Bell's Graduation 20 Years Ago
- Shining Base Path on Roundup: Alex Trebek Rapping on Jeopardy, Obama's Prom Photos & Saved by the Bell's Graduation 20 Years Ago
- NinoBrown on Roundup: Alex Trebek Rapping on Jeopardy, Obama's Prom Photos & Saved by the Bell's Graduation 20 Years Ago
37 Responses to “D.J. Moore Says Quarterback Jay Cutler Should Not Have Shoved J’Marcus Webb”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.