DeMatha Catholic High School is located in the Washington, D.C. area. The school has a well-known athletic program and they often travel out-of-state for games. For their first game of football season, DeMatha visited and beat Hillside in North Carolina, 52-14. The team obviously felt good about the win because five of the players hired prostitutes early the next morning. From the Washington Post:
According to the parent, players hired prostitutes from a call service in North Carolina, and some engaged in sexual activities with those prostitutes in a hotel room. According to the two people with knowledge of the situation, the incident occurred at 5 a.m. on Saturday morning after DeMatha’s Friday night game.
Why so early? They had to wait for the final bed check.
According to sources, bed checks were done at 1:30 a.m. A final hallway check was done at 4 a.m. and DeMatha had 18 adults supervising the trip, according to the person who is not a parent of an involved player.
Man, it must be frustrating to be a high school boy at a Catholic school.
Two players withdrew from the school this week, two others have been recommended for expulsion pending appeal and a fifth faces a disciplinary hearing on Friday morning, according to both people familiar with the aftermath.
The good news is that none of the kids involved were starters. Luckily, all the parents are taking this in stride.
“My concern is where were the coaches and chaperones and how did this happen?” the parent said. “These are boys, you should have been on them, knocking on their doors. . . . Why are there  coaches at this hotel and kids are able to sneak three prostitutes in at 5 a.m.?”
If only the chaperones had been stationed in front of each door 24 hours a day while a security detail walked the hotel perimeter. At some point you have to trust these kids a little bit. Obviously, in this case that would have been the wrong call, but still.
- Christian Ponder Could Be Challenged for Starting Job by Matt Cassel, According to Adam Schefter
- Jozy Altidore is Hot, Jurgen Klinsmann is Making All the Right Moves, and US Soccer is on Fire
- Aaron Hernandez: Report Says He Has Not Been Ruled Out as a Suspect in Homicide
- Gregg Popovich, Shaky Down the Stretch, Was Surly With the Media Afterward [Video]
- Miami and San Antonio Game 6 Thriller Generated a Monster 14.7 Overnight TV Rating
- bsanders37 on Christian Ponder Could Be Challenged for Starting Job by Matt Cassel, According to Adam Schefter
- arkbadger on Christian Ponder Could Be Challenged for Starting Job by Matt Cassel, According to Adam Schefter
- giggy09 on Jozy Altidore is Hot, Jurgen Klinsmann is Making All the Right Moves, and US Soccer is on Fire
- Some Random Old Dude on Miami and San Antonio Game 6 Thriller Generated a Monster 14.7 Overnight TV Rating
- Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez has the highest WAR evah! on Gregg Popovich, Shaky Down the Stretch, Was Surly With the Media Afterward [Video]
50 Responses to “Five Catholic High School Football Players Hired Prostitutes While on a Road Trip in North Carolina”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.