Arizona Diamondbacks color commentator, Mark “slump buster” Grace has taken an indefinite leave of absence from his announcing duties.
While it was first reported that he would be taking some time away to seek “personal assistance,” the less vague version is that Grace was arrested for a DUI on Thursday night, the second time he has been picked up for driving drunk in a little over a year. To cap things off terribly, he was also driving with a suspended license and without the ignition interlock device that he’s required to have due to his booze adventure last summer. Bonus points for the superb mugshot though, Gracie.
This obviously goes without saying, but next time. They really aren’t that expensive and Grace has plenty of money to spring for one. Having said that, hopefully he can get things together for himself and return to the booth soon. It would be a shame if he were gone for good.
Wouldn’t it be a wonderful change of pace to see owners care for players in the same manner the Diamondbacks are looking out for Grace? Then again, he doesn’t play anymore, so his presence at the ballpark isn’t necessary. Remember, if you’re not contributing to wins, you definitely have time for rehab.
[via Awful Announcing]
Previously: Yankees Pitcher Michael Pineda Arrested On DUI Charges
Previously: Braves Reliever Cristhian Martinez Becomes Latest Pitcher Arrested for DUI
Previously: Bobby Jenks Got a DUI at 3:43 AM and Was Charged with Hit-and-Run, Too
Previously: Former MLB No. 1 Overall Pick Matt Bush Arrested After Hitting Motorcyclist in Hit and Run DUI
Previously: David Wright is in New York With Team Doctors and the Mets Bullpen Catcher Was Charged With DUI
- Everett Golson, Notre Dame QB, Reportedly Has Left the School [UPDATE]
- Gregg Popovich and His Two Word “Turnover” Interview [Video]
- Angel Pagan Hit a Walk-Off Inside-the-Park Home Run Today vs. the Rockies [Video]
- Rich Rodriguez’s 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
- The Evolution of Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen is the Craziest Set of Photos You’ll See This Week
- Jason McIntyre on Everett Golson, Notre Dame QB, Reportedly Has Left the School [UPDATE]
- resolutedefense on Everett Golson, Notre Dame QB, Reportedly Has Left the School [UPDATE]
- The Wayne Fontes Safari on Everett Golson, Notre Dame QB, Reportedly Has Left the School [UPDATE]
- Tim Ryan on Everett Golson, Notre Dame QB, Reportedly Has Left the School [UPDATE]
- ABob1086 on Everett Golson, Notre Dame QB, Reportedly Has Left the School [UPDATE]
48 Responses to “Mark Grace’s Second DUI in 14 Months Leads to Leave of Absence From Announcing Booth”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.