A New Low for the Associated Press: Writing About Derek Jeter and HGH Because Skip Bayless Talked About It
Over the last 12 games, he’s batting .420 with six doubles, five homers, nine RBI and 14 runs scored.
The captain, 38, is doing his best to keep the injury-ravaged Yankees atop the AL East, but torrid Tampa has closed within three games.
When you combine the old man’s boffo August and two Major Leaguers getting 50 game suspensions for the use of testosterone (Melky Cabrera and Bartolo Colon) … the result is idiots uttering dumb shit like this:
“How could I not wonder is he using something? If you’re Derek Jeter, would you think about using HGH right now because I would. How would you not? Would you not think about it?”
This kind of garbage is nothing new for that assclown, who you may remember once accused Troy Aikman of being gay. (No single person is damaging ESPN’s brand more than Skip Bayless, a liar who makes inflammatory racial remarks and is an uninformed, shit-stirring buffoon.) What’s truly sad is that we’re in an era where nonsense like that is going to get asked to Jeter by a legitimate news outlet after a game.
Jeter’s response should have been, “who? Never heard of the guy” but he did one better: “One of the things is that now you have everybody questioning everything. That’s the unfortunate thing. Maybe Skip should be tested.” Classic Jeter.
The Associated Press should be embarrassed. Does it plan on having reporters ask or write about Mike Trout and HGH? What about Jose Bautista? [AP]
[Reminder: The AP has yet to look into the evidence against agent Drew Rosenhaus. So baseless accusations are OK to ask athletes about; stories backed up with evidence are not. Got it.]
- The Combination of Two Teams From Same Country Hasn’t Produced the Best Champions League Finals [Video Rewind]
- Will Smith & DJ Jazzy Jeff Sang the Fresh Prince Song and Alfonso Ribeiro Danced on the Graham Norton Show
- Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- Umpires Screw Up Another Call on This Texas Rangers ‘Double Play’ [GIF]
- Tennnesse High School Soccer Team Wins State Title on 54-Yard Free Kick in Overtime [Video]
- Shining Base Path on Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- Monster is Meth on Michael Jordan Turned the Ball Over Twice in a Row in a Crucial Playoff Game Loss - Just Like LeBron James! [Video]
- A.P. on Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- got_em_looking on Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- scripty on Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
64 Responses to “A New Low for the Associated Press: Writing About Derek Jeter and HGH Because Skip Bayless Talked About It”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.