Matt McGloin ws recently named Penn State’s starting quarterback for the 2012 season. McGloin, who is 5-5 as a starter, is brimming with confidence now that he knows the Nittany Lions are his team this season. So much confidence that he’s ready to compare himself to Tom Brady.
From the Philadelphia Daily News:
“I’m definitely excited,” said McGloin, who’s completed 54 percent of his career passes, with 22 TDs and 14 interceptions. “I don’t think we’re too far apart, Tom Brady and myself. But sure, we’ve watched him a lot over the spring and summer. I mean, who better to try and learn from than him? Hopefully, we’ll have some type of success like they did. But you can’t expect to go out and be the same as the New England Patriots.
Now, I’m sure this was somehow taken out of a context that made sense, but that doesn’t really matter. Penn State coach Bill O’Brien has been working with Tom Brady for years so I’m sure that plenty of people have told McGloin he has to be the Tom Brady of the team. Personally, I’d rather be compared to Eli Manning, but I doubt Penn State is going to win a championship this year so I guess a Tom Brady comparison makes the most sense.
Related/Unrelated: While there are plenty of legitimate opportunities to discuss the Penn State scandal, there is always danger of something like this whenever this school is mentioned.
- John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- LeBron James and Paul George’s Epic Game 1 Battle Looks Even Cooler in Slow Motion [Video]
- Manchester City Players Were Super Excited To Catch Passes From Eli Manning [Video]
- Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull’s “Feel This Moment?” Dále!
- Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- dyslecix on Mario Gjurovski Celebrates Goal By Removing Shorts, Wearing them on His Head, Gets Red Card [Video]
- Some Random Old Dude on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
- A.P. on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
29 Responses to “Penn State’s Matt McGloin Compared Himself to Tom Brady”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.