Ashley Tisdale … science: “Stressed Men Like Bigger Butts” … big cuts on the horizon for the Inquirer and Daily News … Wisconsin teenager wins $50k in texting competition … “Editor Fired Following Harassment Accusation” … the 2012 election may come down to women and white people … “Bernanke Just Assured That The Student Loan Bubble Will Be The Next ‘Financial Stability Issue‘” … best looking assemblywoman in the world? … bomb in a bag sat under a desk for two weeks … Kate Bosworth is engaged … he’s charged with waterboarding his own daughter …
You should read this: “Her greater beauty is in the resilience and good humor she’s shown in the face of monumental struggles including poverty and homelessness.” [Des Moines Register]
If you missed the Joe Schad-Bobby Petrino interview, here’s a transcript. [Ark Sports 360]
She wasn’t happy with the NYT’s piece on nip-slips being shown on TV during Water Polo matches. [Feministing]
Peyton Manning looked OK in Denver’s first preseason game. [Post]
A day late, but this Brandon Phillips tweet might be the best by an MLB player this year. [Hot Clicks]
Here’s a really well-done story on Urban Meyer. [ESPN]
How did $14 million in drugs vanish from a University of Miami pharmacy? [Herald]
Woman blames xanax for trying to run her husband over. [ABC News]
Tyler Bray, the Tennessee QB, has “reached an agreement” following some dumb behavior on a jet ski. [Knox News]
“The financial success of the 480 members of the Shakopee Tribe — whose ancestors 150 years ago were hunted down, slaughtered and eventually exiled from Minnesota — derives from their flourishing casino and resort operation, which on weekends swells the population of their tiny reservation to the size of a city.” [NYT]
ESPN suddenly seems interested in the UNC academic scandal and how it might impact the hoops team. Someone tell Robbi Pickeral to read this site next week. [ESPN]
Probably the last Olympic Lolo Jones piece we’ll link. [Commercial Appeal]
Two crazy angles of a small plane crash in which everyone survived.
In his boxers, falling out of the passenger door? That’s a new one.
The buildup to this is like a horror movie. Then, at 1:38, you see what’s coming. [via Cartmaniak]
- Champions League Final: Arjen Robben’s Late Goal Wins it for Bayern Munich [Video]
- Champions League Final: Neven Subotic Makes Terrific Sliding Stop to Thwart Sure Goal [Video]
- LeBron James and Michael Jordan Have Now Been Compared to God by NBA Players
- Champions League Final: Manuel Neuer’s Save is Your First-Half Highlight [Video]
- Adam Scott and Other Golfers are Retaining Counsel in Response to the USGA Anchor Putter Ban
- A.P. on Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- Nebomatic on Champions League Final: Manuel Neuer's Save is Your First-Half Highlight [Video]
- Monster is Meth on Champions League Final: Manuel Neuer's Save is Your First-Half Highlight [Video]
- BR1407 on Champions League Final: Manuel Neuer's Save is Your First-Half Highlight [Video]
- Monster is Meth on Adam Scott and Other Golfers are Retaining Counsel in Response to the USGA Anchor Putter Ban
216 Responses to “Roundup: Two Crazy Car Accidents, Kate Bosworth is Engaged & a Terrifying Plane Crash”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.