North Korea’s Om Yun Chol cleared an Olympic record 168 kilograms (370.4 pounds) in the clean and jerk. Impressive, especially when you find out that Om Yun Chol weighs just 123 pounds. Yeah, he lifted three times his own weight. Being a loyal North Korean, there was really only one person to credit for his success. From Fourth Place Medal:
Asked how a man so small could lift a weight so big, Om credited the “Great Leader” as North Korean athletes often do after great achievements.
“How can any man possibly lift 168kg? I believe the great Kim Jong Il looked over me,” Om told the Olympic News Service.
What else would you expect from Kim Jong-Il? The man once shot 38-under par in a single round of golf. His athletic accomplishments are legendary. Lifting three-times your own weight sounds exactly like something Kim Jong-Il would have claimed he could do. You couldn’t make up a more fitting tribute. Well, I racked my brain and was able to come up with one thing.
- Footage of Kelly Tripucka Unveiling the Original Teal Charlotte Hornets’ Uniforms in 1988 is Breathtaking [Video]
- NFL Coaches Using Microsoft Tablets on the Sidelines in the Future Should Lead to Advances in Clock Management and Strategy
- European Tour Chief George O’Grady: “Most of Sergio’s friends are colored athletes”
- Cute Dog Goes on Canadian Morning Show to Pick Senators – Peguins Winner, Instead Chooses Bacon
- TV Ratings For the NBA Playoff Series Between Memphis & San Antonio Are Predictably Putrid
- A.P. on European Tour Chief George O'Grady: "Most of Sergio's friends are colored athletes"
- KC Resident on Footage of Kelly Tripucka Unveiling the Original Teal Charlotte Hornets' Uniforms in 1988 is Breathtaking [Video]
- Career High on LSU Offers Scholarship to
Snoop DoggSnoop Lion's Son Cordell Broadus
- Trey on Footage of Kelly Tripucka Unveiling the Original Teal Charlotte Hornets' Uniforms in 1988 is Breathtaking [Video]
- Nada on European Tour Chief George O'Grady: "Most of Sergio's friends are colored athletes"
19 Responses to “Only Kim Jong-Il Could Inspire a North Korean Olympian to Lift Three-Times His Own Weight”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.