The Head Ball Coach took the stage for SEC media day today. He was his usual, highly quotable self. We’ll attribute the change jingling to needing to make a tee time or banquet beer withdrawal.
He took the obligatory shot at Nick Saban. “It’s easier to win the national championship than the SEC. Ask Nick Saban.” [via @schadjoe]
Spurrier made sure everyone knew just how easy Georgia’s schedule is. “If I made the schedule, Georgia would be playing LSU and we’d be playing Ole Miss.”
He was nebulous. “Every game we won last year, we were favored. Think about that.” [Were favored in every win, but did not win every game they were favored, were -9.5 at home against Auburn, 7-6 ATS in 2011]
Spurrier does not appreciate questions about his retirement. “Every time some sportswriter asks how long I’m gonna coach, I think I need to ask him, ‘How much longer are you going to write?’
He wants an 8-team playoff with six conference champions and two at large teams. “Well, if I was calling the shots, I would have 8 teams going to play.”
Spurrier offered his take on the Penn State Scandal. “Just a terrible mess.”
[Photo via Getty]
- John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- LeBron James and Paul George’s Epic Game 1 Battle Looks Even Cooler in Slow Motion [Video]
- Manchester City Players Were Super Excited To Catch Passes From Eli Manning [Video]
- Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull’s “Feel This Moment?” Dále!
- Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- orly57 on John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- yorwifesahor on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- Nada on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
- A.P. on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
60 Responses to “Steve Spurrier Had Another Highly Quotable SEC Media Day”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.