Bryce Harper Finishes Third In Fan Voting For Final NL All-Star Game Spot, Behind David Freese and Michael Bourn
Bryce Harper is the fan’s choice to . . . what? They selected David Freese? Clown selection, millions of online bros. Apparently, the fans don’t even know what is best for them. A couple of days ago, Gregg Doyel wrote about how the All-Star Game was for the fans, and not the players, and thus Bryce Harper should have been selected. It was a good thing the fans had the ability to correct Tony LaRussa’s glaring omission.
The fans didn’t even go with the guy who Harper said should get the spot, Chipper Jones, who was already named as a replacement. The youngsters on Twitter went with Chipper’s teammate, Atlanta center fielder Michael Bourn as the leading choice, but it wasn’t enough to surpass Cardinals hometown product David Freese. Bourn was one of the players I noted yesterday as one of the best players over the last calendar year not to be selected, and that still holds. (Harper’s hashtag actually finished 5th in volume on Twitter behind Bourn, Freese, AL Selection Yu Darvish, and Jake Peavy).
Clearly, all the casual fans who were going to exert enough effort to grab a remote control and tune into the All-Star Game next Tuesday just to watch Bryce Harper couldn’t be bothered enough to outvote Cardinal nation and their nice little utility guy. But they were going to watch, no doubt. Ratings will now be down due to the Bryce Harper factor. Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us, baseball fans.
[photo via US Presswire]
- The 10 Greatest Trilogies in Movie History
- CJ Spiller Breaks Down SpongeBob Characters While Eating a Foot Long Hot Dog [Video]
- Fan Runs on Field During Angels/Royals Game, Steals Rosin Bag, Trips Up Police Officer Chasing Him [Video]
- Roundup: Alex Trebek Rapping on Jeopardy, Obama’s Prom Photos & Saved by the Bell’s Graduation 20 Years Ago
- John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
12 Responses to “Bryce Harper Finishes Third In Fan Voting For Final NL All-Star Game Spot, Behind David Freese and Michael Bourn”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.