Free agency is less than four days old, Dwight Howard hasn’t been traded, Steve Nash is still on the market (but supposedly deciding between Toronto and Dallas), and nobody has thrown big bucks at JaVale McGee. But plenty has happened. Let’s recap, shall we?
Kevin Garnett – Staying with Boston (3 years, $34 million)
Gerald Wallace – Staying with the Nets (4 years, $40 million)
Joe Johnson – Traded to Brooklyn for Farmar, Petro, Morrow, Stevenson, Jordan Williams, draft pick
Marvin Johnson traded to Utah for Devin Harris
Landry Fields – Going to Toronto (3-years, $19 million), effective July 11
Deron Williams – Staying with the Nets (5-years, $98 million)
Jason Terry – Signing with the Celtics (3-years, $15.6 million)
The early - very early – guess on how this shakes up each conference:
- Boston, which just weeks ago was thought to be rebuilding, should nip at the Heels of Miami all season and then in the postseason. That’s with or without Ray Allen and Jeff Green.
New Jersey Brooklyn vaulted to anywhere from the 4th to the 8th seed in the East. They’ve got a dynamic backcourt, a nice swing player in Gerald Wallace, but frontcourt issues.
- Atlanta has been gutted, and is targeting the 2013 free agent class, which might be led by Dwight Howard and Chris Paul. Or neither of them.
* Left Omer Asik off the list. The Rockets offered him 3-years, $25 million, but it is unclear what the Bulls will do (match or let him go).
** Left Roy Hibbert off the list. The Blazers offered him 4-years, $58 million, but it is unclear what the Pacers will do (match or let him go).
*** Left Eric Gordon off the list. The Suns offered him 4-years, $58 million, but the Hornets are expected to match it. Chris Broussard will inevitably break that news, since he owns the Eric Gordon beat.
- What is the NCAA Trying to Hide in the Todd McNair Case?
- Aaron Hernandez Was Sued Last Week For Shooting a Man after a Miami Strip Club Outing in February
- Marlon Williams, the Former Texas Tech LB & Real World Castmember, Has a Rap Video
- Johnny Manziel is Not Undergoing “Social Implosion,” He’s Just a 20-Year-Old
- Jonny Gomes Hit a Walk-Off Homer, Auditioned to be an NFL Punter Rounding Third Base
- Shining Base Path on Aaron Hernandez: Report Says He Has Not Been Ruled Out as a Suspect in Homicide
- TwinBrooks on Aaron Hernandez Was Sued Last Week For Shooting a Man after a Miami Strip Club Outing in February
- 48yearslump on Johnny Manziel is Not Undergoing "Social Implosion," He's Just a 20-Year-Old
- KC Resident on Aaron Hernandez Was Sued Last Week For Shooting a Man after a Miami Strip Club Outing in February
- Novac Chokeabitch on Aaron Hernandez Was Sued Last Week For Shooting a Man after a Miami Strip Club Outing in February
25 Responses to “NBA Free Agency Tracker: Three Days in, Brooklyn and Boston Have Improved”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.