After the 2011 NBA draft, we took a look at all the underclassmen who left school early only to be ignored in the first round (see Darius Morris of Michigan, Josh Selby of Kansas, and Jordan Williams of Maryland) and had to fight for a contract, or went entirely undrafted (see Jereme Richmond).
Which players made bad decisions in 2012? Here’s a list:
J’Covan Brown, Texas: Undrafted. A pure scorer with the Longhorns, he could have been an All-American in 2012-2013. Next year’s draft is weak, and he certainly would have been taken at some point. But given his family’s situation, few could fault his decision. He signed a free agent deal with the Heat.
Renardo Sidney, Mississippi St. Undrafted. Everyone saw this coming. Talented high school kid ate his way out of being a factor. Piss-poor attitude and slugging teammates didn’t help. More likely to end up in trouble than playing professionally somewhere.
Doron Lamb, Kentucky. 2nd round (42nd to Milwaukee). The best shooter in college basketball could have stayed – UK could use him next year – but now will have to try and crack a Bucks’ lineup that features two guards who play heavy minutes (Jennings and Ellis) and take many shots.
Hollis Thompson, Georgetown. Undrafted. Puzzling decision to leave school. [UPDATE: He did have his degree already.] He could have returned and teammed with Otto Porter to get the Hoyas back to the NCAA tournament.
Quincy Miller, Baylor. 2nd round (38th to Denver). Lottery talent coming out of high school was injured last year and definitely should have stayed another year. He could have gotten into the 1st round next year, perhaps even the lottery. Will he be able to crack a roster that (right now) has Wilson Chandler, Jordan Hamilton (last year’s No. 1 pick) and Corey Brewer?
- Paul George Wore Aqua Pants and a Green, Amoeba-Pattered Dress Shirt to Game 1 in Miami
- Shane Battier Kneed Roy Hibbert in the Balls [Video]
- Chuck Norris Wants a NFL Team to Sign Tim Tebow Because He is a Winner Like Chuck Norris
- Young Rockies Fans Also Sport Giant Purple Mohawks
- Legends Football League Issues Statement About Coach Yelling, “I’m gonna punch you in the face” at Female Player
- Some Random Old Dude on Paul George Wore Aqua Pants and a Green, Amoeba-Pattered Dress Shirt to Game 1 in Miami
- Nada on Shane Battier Kneed Roy Hibbert in the Balls [Video]
- Nada on Former UFC Fighter Waylon Lowe Suing Philly Sex Shop After a Gel Left His Genitals Burned and Scarred
- Liquor on Shane Battier Kneed Roy Hibbert in the Balls [Video]
- Nada on Legends Football League Issues Statement About Coach Yelling, "I'm gonna punch you in the face" at Female Player
4 Responses to “NBA Draft 2012: What Were You Thinking Leaving College Early?”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.