The World Boxing Organization has reviewed the Manny Pacquiao – Timothy Bradley fight using a five-member international judging panel. Their findings may shock you. The WBO’s anonymous 5-judge panel scored the bout unanimously in Pacquiao’s favor, 118-110, 117-111, 117-111, 116-112 and 115-113. Justice!
What’s that? Never mind. Via ESPN:
[WBO president Francisco "Paco"] Valcarcel said the WBO has no authority to change the result. But given the outcome of the panel’s review of the fight, he will order a rematch if Top Rank promoter Bob Arum declines to put on a second fight, or if Pacquiao opts not to exercise his rematch clause.
The WBO has no authority over the WBO title? But they can “order” a rematch if Manny Pacquiao decides against a rematch? Right.
Top Rank and Pacquiao, however, simply could move on to another fight that just would not be for the WBO title.
OK. So they can’t order a rematch.
“We can’t change the result but we did this review for two reasons,” Valcarcel told ESPN.com. “If they want to make a rematch, we will approve the rematch and if they don’t, we will order one. Also, we wanted to show (the Nevada State Athletic Commission) that they could bring in other officials from outside of Nevada who can also do a fine job judging fights. It’s good to have different officials.”
So they think they can order a rematch, but realize they have no power whatsoever. Someone should explain to the WBO that you can’t “order” a fight like another round of cheese fries. It is good that the WBO showed the NSAC that there are people outside Nevada who can judge a fight. I’m certain Keith Kizer and the NSAC don’t give a shit. If Pacquiao wants a rematch, it’s up to him. If he doesn’t, there is nothing anyone can do about it.
Previously: Bob Arum Will Find the Guy Who Fixed the Pacquiao – Bradley Fight Like OJ Will Find the Real Killer
Previously: The Timothy Bradley – Manny Pacquiao Rematch Poster Was Already Made Two Weeks Ago
Previously: Manny Pacquiao Upset By Timothy Bradley In Most Controversial Decision Ever
- Robert Griffin III Could Have Planted the Seeds of a Perception Problem After Sending Pictures of Wedding Gifts, Says Washington Writer
- Carmelo Anthony’s Wife Spanked Dwyane Wade’s Girlfriend at the Pool in Vegas
- Juwan Howard Hanging Out on the Beach With MSG Network’s Jill Martin While the Heat Enjoy Another Vacation
- First-Place Rangers Look Like They Made the Right Call to Pass on Josh Hamilton
- ESPN Layoffs: Mostly in Tech and Sales Departments, More to Come in June? [UPDATE]
- hussler2 on The NBA Draft Lottery: Winner Gets Nerlens Noel? Or Ben McLemore?
- Huskerteers on European Soccer Best XI For 2012-13
- Ty_Webb on Juwan Howard Hanging Out on the Beach With MSG Network's Jill Martin While the Heat Enjoy Another Vacation
- Flaccid Indigestion on Juwan Howard Hanging Out on the Beach With MSG Network's Jill Martin While the Heat Enjoy Another Vacation
- A.P. on First-Place Rangers Look Like They Made the Right Call to Pass on Josh Hamilton
10 Responses to “WBO Reviews Pacquiao-Bradley Fight & Scores it For Pacquiao, But the Original Decision Stands”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.