Yesterday, reports emerged that Percy Harvin was unhappy in Minnesota. Man, that escalated quickly, because this morning, John Krawczynski of AP has reported that Percy Harvin has asked to be traded. There is no clear indication of exactly what Percy Harvin’s issues that are coming out here in June are, but money is usually at the heart of these. Harvin has two more years left on his rookie deal, so from a leverage standpoint, he would seem to have little.
Yesterday, he told 1500ESPN: “I don’t get into specifics, just overall haven’t been real happy. But we’re here. Hopefully, we can get things worked out and go from there.”
Harvin just turned 24 and is a premiere playmaker when he gets on the field, playing a hybrid role as sometimes traditional receiver, sometimes slot, and sometimes out of the backfield. He had over 50 rushing attempts last year, and over 80 catches, while totaling over 1,312 yards from scrimmage.
He was also a central figure in a Sporting News story this offseason about the culture that Urban Meyer created at Florida. Meyer allegedly sat Harvin along with current NFL players Aaron Hernandez and Brandon Spikes because of drug suspension but told the media they were injured. Harvin reportedly refused to run conditioning drills, and the next day, the team played basketball for conditioning instead. He is also alleged to have grabbed his position coach by the neck knocking him to the ground, without discipline.
Harvin may just not like the “culture” of practice in Minnesota. Minnesota also has concerns about the migraine issues that have halted Harvin at times. I don’t see him getting traded, but if this is more than just a spat over getting a little raise, it may not go away either.
[photo via US Presswire]
- Riddick Bowe Promoted His Unsuccessful Muay Thai Debut By Allowing Monkeys to Climb All Over Him in Thailand
- New Zealand High School Rugby Player With the Most Vicious Hit of the Decade [Painful Video and Gif]
- Mario Balotelli Scores Goal, Kicks Own Shoes, Shouts Out Drake; All in a Day’s Work
- The 2013 MLB All-Star Game Batting Practice Jerseys Can be Yours for the Low, Low Price of $99.99
- Manu Ginobili’s Bald Spot Disappears After One Magical Swipe From Tim Duncan [GIF]
- Shining Base Path on MLB At-Bat Music: Ballplayers Love Drake, Pitbull, Metallica and 90s Hip Hop Jams
- scripty on New Zealand High School Rugby Player With the Most Vicious Hit of the Decade [Painful Video and Gif]
- scripty on Riddick Bowe Promoted His Unsuccessful Muay Thai Debut By Allowing Monkeys to Climb All Over Him in Thailand
- TonyToniTone Has Done It Again on MLB At-Bat Music: Ballplayers Love Drake, Pitbull, Metallica and 90s Hip Hop Jams
- TheRealAC on New Zealand High School Rugby Player With the Most Vicious Hit of the Decade [Painful Video and Gif]
11 Responses to “Percy Harvin Asked the Minnesota Vikings to Trade Him”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.