OK, that’s not true. EVERYONE was more surprised than everyone else. Twitter had a meltdown. People immediately started talking about a fight-fixing conspiracy. Luckily, fight promoter and crotchety old man, Bob Arum isn’t about to stand around and have his name dragged through the mud. From Kevin Iole at Yahoo!:
“I want to investigate whether there was any undue influence, whether the [Nevada Athletic Commission] gave any particular instruction and how they came to this conclusion,” said Arum, who at the post-fight news conference was adamant the result was a mistake but not the result of any chicanery. “But the whole sport is in an uproar. People are going crazy.”
Yes. This investigation will yield the most results possible.
Bob Arum: “Hey, NSAC, did you tell the judges to give the fight to Bradley?”
NSAC as portrayed by the dearly departed Patrice O’Neal: “Oh, most definitely.”
There you have it. That’s exactly how Bob Arum is going to solve this case. It will be just like O.J. Simpson searching for the real killer(s). Boxing is synonymous with corruption unfortunately. I blame Snake Eyes. Was there foul play involved on Saturday night? Only Bob Arum’s detective work will tell.
As usual, whenever something happens in either mixed martial arts or boxing, fans take the opportunity to compare the two sports. This should not be one of those times. Bad decisions happen in both sports. And to point out how this shows that “boxing is dead” is really dumb. If boxing is dead, calling hours would have to be held for a month straight and people would be lined up around the block to get in and pay their respects. I’ve seen the traffic and watched my Twitter feed collectively freakout early on a Sunday morning.
Just look at all the words dedicated to this one mediocre fight. People care about boxing. The interest is there. Once the investigation is over, Arum will make a lot of money on a rematch. People will buy the fight because boxing fans are like battered wives – they just keep going back for more abuse.
I’ll leave you with the Taiwanese animation version of this weekend’s events. Obviously, it includes Manny Pacquiao bashing gay men with a giant cross.
- Champions League Final: Manuel Neuer’s Save is Your First-Half Highlight [Video]
- Adam Scott and Other Golfers are Retaining Counsel in Response to the USGA Anchor Putter Ban
- The Combination of Two Teams From Same Country Hasn’t Produced the Best Champions League Finals [Video Rewind]
- Will Smith & DJ Jazzy Jeff Sang the Fresh Prince Song and Alfonso Ribeiro Danced on the Graham Norton Show
- Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- Nada on Adam Scott and Other Golfers are Retaining Counsel in Response to the USGA Anchor Putter Ban
- Nada on Michael Jordan Turned the Ball Over Twice in a Row in a Crucial Playoff Game Loss - Just Like LeBron James! [Video]
- resolutedefense on Adam Scott and Other Golfers are Retaining Counsel in Response to the USGA Anchor Putter Ban
- Shining Base Path on Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- Monster is Meth on Michael Jordan Turned the Ball Over Twice in a Row in a Crucial Playoff Game Loss - Just Like LeBron James! [Video]
13 Responses to “Bob Arum Will Find the Guy Who Fixed Pacquiao-Bradley Like O.J. Will Find the Real Killer”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.