The French Open women’s final!
A race for the Triple Crown!
A potential Stanley Cup elimination game involving teams from the two biggest TV markets, New York and LA!
What a banner Saturday this would be for NBC!
Maria Sharapova’s in the women’s final. That’s great. She’s popular. People know her. Men, especially. (It shouldn’t matter, but it does.) Too bad her opponent is someone named Sara Errani, a 25-year-old Italian playing in her first Grand Slam Final.
The Triple Crown race? Rendered irrelevant because of … well, that depends on whether or not you believe the shit that I’ll Have Another’s team is shoveling. Regardless of why he’s not racing, the Belmont Stakes is shot. Nobody cares. And you can forget the pregame, too.
The Stanley Cup? Ratings are in the toilet so far – partially because they’ve been airing on NBC Sports Network (aka Siberia), but they were moving to NBC tonight. (Sadly, this speaks volumes about what the network thinks about the NHL.) But hey, network TV, great!
Except there’s a problem – the Heat beat the Celtics Thursday, and now they’ll play Game 7 tonight. And if you’re a casual sports fan, are you watching the NHL or Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals between the Celtics and LeBron? The fans have already spoken – ratings so far for this series have been record-setting.
Don’t worry about NBC, though – the Olympics are right around the corner.
- Manchester City Players Were Super Excited To Catch Passes From Eli Manning [Video]
- Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull’s “Feel This Moment?” Dále!
- Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago’s Sarah Spain
- Premier League: What Each Club Should Prioritize in the Summer
- Donald Patrick Mynack on Footage of Kelly Tripucka Unveiling the Original Teal Charlotte Hornets' Uniforms in 1988 is Breathtaking [Video]
- Ty_Webb on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
- LesNessman on Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull's "Feel This Moment?" Dále!
- somewhereoverthedwaynebowe on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
- ohheelyeah on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
7 Responses to “NBC’s Going to Struggle to Get TV Ratings Today”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.