Josh Hamilton hit two home runs against the Angels Friday night and in turn put himself in rare company, joining Cy Williams and Frank Howard as only players with 17 long balls in their team’s first 33 games. Incredible. The free agent to be has picked the perfect season to put up obscenely gaudy numbers and even if he can’t keep up this maniacal pace, it’s safe to say we can start the bidding at four years and $120 million.
Of course, because the two homers came against the Angels. I’m obliged to tell you that Albert Pujols went 0-for-4 with a strikeout. Of course he did. He’s batting a humorous .192 with an OPS of .505. Thankfully, Josh Hamilton has sensed the need to pick up the slack and has gifted us with quite a pleasant show so far.
[via Buster Olney]
Previously: Josh Hamilton, What is He Worth? Jayson Werth Money? A-Rod Money? Pujols Money?
Previously: Tim Kurkjian Believes Josh Hamilton Had the Best Night in AL History
Previously: Josh Hamilton Hit Four Homers Against the Orioles, and Hereâ€™s Video of All of Them
Previously: Josh Hamilton, Who Recently Cut Off Contract Talks With Texas, Discusses His Relapse
Previously: Josh Hamilton, Still Battling Relapse Demons, Seen Drinking at Dallas Area Bar [UPDATE]
- Someone Shouted “Wooooo! We Did It! We Did It!” After San Antonio Held Off Memphis in Overtime [Video[
- Sergio Garcia Made a ‘Fried Chicken’ Joke Toward Tiger Woods
- 2013 NBA Draft Lottery Complete, Order is Set: Cleveland Cavaliers Get 1st Pick
- Marvin Bagley, a 7th Grader, is 6-foot-7 and Looks to Definitely Have a Basketball Future [Video]
- Robert Griffin III Could Have Planted the Seeds of a Perception Problem After Sending Pictures of Wedding Gifts, Says Washington Writer
- resolutedefense on Sergio Garcia Made a 'Fried Chicken' Joke Toward Tiger Woods
- Dawgfather on Someone Shouted "Wooooo! We Did It! We Did It!" After San Antonio Held Off Memphis in Overtime [Video[
- WheresWallace on Sergio Garcia Made a 'Fried Chicken' Joke Toward Tiger Woods
- Nada on Sergio Garcia Made a 'Fried Chicken' Joke Toward Tiger Woods
- Nada on Someone Shouted "Wooooo! We Did It! We Did It!" After San Antonio Held Off Memphis in Overtime [Video[
5 Responses to “Josh Hamilton Went Deep Twice Last Night”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.