Horse racing season kicks off today with the138th running of the Kentucky Derby. People will be sipping mojitos and wearing fancy, classy outfits and throwing away money on longshots that they will never hear from again. It’s a special time of the year.
As usual, the Kentucky Derby is a jam-packed field with horses that have a legitimate chance to win the Triple Crown. Only twenty horses in the entire world have an opportunity to win the Triple Crown this year. Those select equines are listed below, along with their jockeys’ names and odds. I have included a fun fact about each horse to help you with your wagering. Also, this is a reminder that one of our commenters has touched Kate Upton.
1. Daddy Long Legs – C. O’Donoghue – 30/1
Shawn Bradley’s son named this horse.
2. Optimizer – J. Court – 50/1
Huge Finger 11 and Transformers fan.
3. Take Charge Indy – C. Borel – 15/1
Owner is a
4. Union Rags – J. Leparoux – 9/2
Loves onion rings. Has an accent.
5. Dullahan – K. Desormeaux – 8/1
Once ate dinner with Mike Shanahan.
6. Bodemeister – M. Smith – 4/1
Always puts on sunglasses in the homestretch.
7. Rousing Sermon – J. Lezcano – 50/1
This horse has been know to knock on your door during dinner to ask if you’ve heard about Jesus.
8. Creative Cause – J. Rosario – 12/1
Actually, not creative at all.
9. Trinniberg – W. Martinez – 50/1
Loves Frosted Flakes.
10. Daddy Nose Best – G. Gomez – 15/1
*taps nose* Likes to party.
11. Alpha – R. Maragh – 15/1
Named after the Justin Timberlake vehicle.
12. Prospective - L. Contreras – 30/1
Favorite movie is Uncle Buck.
13. Went The Day Well - J. Velásquez – 20/1
Dreams of riding the roller coaster from the opening credits of Step By Step.
14. Hansen - R. Dominguez – 10/1
Owner is a huge fan, but also dumb.
15. Gemologist – J. Castellano – 6/1
Wants to be a hair dresser when he grows up.
16. El Padrino – R. Bejarano – 20/1
Fingers crossed for an Entourage movie.
17. Done Talking - S. Russell – 50/1
Annoyingly says, “Talk to the hoof.”
18. Sabercat – C. Nakatani – 30/1
Neither saber, nor cat.
19. I’ll Have Another – M. Gutierrez - 12/1
20. Liaison – M. Garcia - 50/1
Has never missed an episode of The Client List.
This is the part where I usually tell you what horses I will be betting on. That never works for either of us though. So you tell me what you would do in the comments section. Help me lose money. I’m sick of doing it on my own!
- LeBron James and Paul George Slapped Hands After Exchanging Spectacular Baskets to End the 3rd Quarter [Video]
- Paul George’s Vicious Dunk on Birdman Was Not Rated PG [Video]
- Matt Harvey, the New York Mets’ Star Pitcher, is Dating SI Swimsuit Model Anne V
- The Kansas City Royals Are Becoming the Royals Again, and Fans Have Been Far Too Patient
- Champions League: Bayern Munich a Legacy of Losing at Stake
- The Alarm on Premier League: What Each Club Should Prioritize in the Summer
- kaiserwilhelmreems is commenting too quickly on LeBron James and Paul George Slapped Hands After Exchanging Spectacular Baskets to End the 3rd Quarter [Video]
- Billy Buckner on LeBron James and Paul George Slapped Hands After Exchanging Spectacular Baskets to End the 3rd Quarter [Video]
- Chief on LeBron James and Paul George Slapped Hands After Exchanging Spectacular Baskets to End the 3rd Quarter [Video]
- A.P. on Matt Harvey, the New York Mets' Star Pitcher, is Dating SI Swimsuit Model Anne V
5 Responses to “Official 2012 Kentucky Derby “Preview””
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.