We used to know Jeff Francoeur as an Atlanta Braves prospect with miles of expectations, but now we know him as Jeff Francoeur, the nicest guy in baseball. No, seriously. Frenchie continued his inspiring theme of outstanding good will this past Thursday night, tossing a $100 bill into the stands with a note that read, “buy some beer on me.” Amazing.
That generous incident happened at Kauffman Stadium in K.C., but it hasn’t been limited to the home crowd, he’s also been known to do it in Oakland, too, remember? Oh yes, pizza for all.
Think about it though, if you’re making $6.25 million to play baseball, and you happen to be an outfielder, would you not do the same exact thing? Seems like an easy enough gesture, and the amount of appreciation seen by the fans is worth every penny. Pretty awesome. It’s a shame there aren’t more engaging players like Francoeur.
[via Larry Brown Sports]
- Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- Umpires Screw Up Another Call on This Texas Rangers ‘Double Play’ [GIF]
- Tennnesse High School Soccer Team Wins State Title on 54-Yard Free Kick in Overtime [Video]
- Michael Jordan Turned the Ball Over Twice in a Row in a Crucial Playoff Game Loss – Just Like LeBron James! [Video]
- Tony Parker Denied Service at Memphis Restaurant (It Was Too Busy)
- jbriaz on Umpires Screw Up Another Call on This Texas Rangers 'Double Play' [GIF]
- scripty on Umpires Screw Up Another Call on This Texas Rangers 'Double Play' [GIF]
- Shining Base Path on Umpires Screw Up Another Call on This Texas Rangers 'Double Play' [GIF]
- oskie on LeBron James and Paul George Slapped Hands After Exchanging Spectacular Baskets to End the 3rd Quarter [Video]
- jdeeser5 on Tennnesse High School Soccer Team Wins State Title on 54-Yard Free Kick in Overtime [Video]
14 Responses to “Jeff Francoeur Continues to be Awesome to Fans, Buys Another Round of Beers”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.