The North County Times is reporting Junior Seau died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest. This undoubtedly will draw comparisons to former NFL player Dave Duerson, who suspected he was suffering the symptoms of Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy and wanted to leave his brain intact.
This wasn’t Seau’s first erratic incident. On October 18 2010, Seau was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence and released from police custody at 3:20 am. He was found later that morning after having driven his Cadillac Escalade off a cliff. He claimed to have been asleep at the wheel.
It is premature to draw any conclusions, but if a star of Seau’s stature and recent vintage was suffering from C.T.E. that could radically alter public perception.
[Photo via Getty]
Previously: Breaking Down the NFL Head Injury Litigation Situation
Previously: Criticism of Goodell’s Punishment of the Saints is Shortsighted
Previously: Chris Henry Had Brain Damage
- The 10 Greatest Trilogies in Movie History
- CJ Spiller Breaks Down SpongeBob Characters While Eating a Foot Long Hot Dog [Video]
- Fan Runs on Field During Angels/Royals Game, Steals Rosin Bag, Trips Up Police Officer Chasing Him [Video]
- Roundup: Alex Trebek Rapping on Jeopardy, Obama’s Prom Photos & Saved by the Bell’s Graduation 20 Years Ago
- John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- geoffreyvs hired a PR firm to get his son's coach fired; now I'm running for Senate! on The 10 Greatest Trilogies in Movie History
- Nada on Roundup: Alex Trebek Rapping on Jeopardy, Obama's Prom Photos & Saved by the Bell's Graduation 20 Years Ago
- Jason McIntyre on The 10 Greatest Trilogies in Movie History
- oskie on The 10 Greatest Trilogies in Movie History
- mmonast on The 10 Greatest Trilogies in Movie History
41 Responses to “Junior Seau Died of Self-Inflicted Gunshot Wound to the Chest, Like Dave Duerson”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.