John Harbaugh went on 98 Rock in Baltimore this morning to talk some football. The topic of the Saints Bounty Scandal came up, and Harbaugh also discussed the Patriots’ legacy after Spygate, and whether cheating is worth it if you gain an advantage.
What happens, even the thing in New England, no matter whether those things had any impact on whether they won their championships or not, they got asterisks now. It’s been stained.
Harbaugh went on to say that you have to find a way to work within the rules and gain an advantage, but that cheating is not worth it because you get discredited.
I actually don’t think Harbaugh was saying that the videotaping had a major impact, but rather is expressing an opinion that having something like this stains accomplishment, whether it ultimately had an impact or not, and is therefore not worth it. I have no problem with that opinion. Just before the AFC championship, Harbaugh called Belichick “the greatest coach in our league right now.” I don’t see any inconsistency in what he said then and now.
Given that Baltimore and New England are two of the powers in the AFC and just met in the championship game, though, I expect it to get major play. I’m sure Boston websites and radio will take it in its proper context.
[photo via US Presswire]
- American League All-Star Starter: Scherzer, Darvish, Buchholz … Iwakuma?
- USA vs. Honduras: Win and Klinsmann, Fans, Can Enjoy Their Summers
- Danny Green’s 2013 NBA Finals 3-Point Shot Chart is Absolutely Absurd
- Mets Lose Matt Harvey No-Hitter In Classic Mets Fashion [GIF]
- Drag Racing Yoga Instructor Spins Car 360-Degrees While Driving 140mph, Doesn’t Crash [Video]
- karma on Danny Green's 2013 NBA Finals 3-Point Shot Chart is Absolutely Absurd
- Ty_Webb on USA vs. Honduras: Win and Klinsmann, Fans, Can Enjoy Their Summers
- knifeyspoony on American League All-Star Starter: Scherzer, Darvish, Buchholz ... Iwakuma?
- scripty on Danny Green's 2013 NBA Finals 3-Point Shot Chart is Absolutely Absurd
- ms621 on USA vs. Honduras: Win and Klinsmann, Fans, Can Enjoy Their Summers
121 Responses to “John Harbaugh Says That Bill Belichick’s Super Bowls Are “Stained” Because of Spygate”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.