It’s certainly not easy to become a world champion, and South Georgia Peanuts manager Wally Backman will remind us as much, but I imagine it’s even more difficult for him to go 11 seconds without saying “fucking.”
Here’s the money line. Or at least my favorite, as there are several gems stuffed into this rant:
“It looks like you’re a bunch of cunts out there the way you’re throwing.”
So poignant, though it’s kind of challenging to take Wally seriously when the front of his jersey says “Peanuts.” Nonetheless, the man is a touching gift to the English language, I’m just thankful he’s so forthcoming with his thoughts. Now watch the fucking video.
[via Bob's Blitz]
- Matt Harvey, the New York Mets’ Star Pitcher, is Dating SI Swimsuit Model Anne V
- The Kansas City Royals Are Becoming the Royals Again, and Fans Have Been Far Too Patient
- Champions League: Bayern Munich a Legacy of Losing at Stake
- Teddy Bridgewater Declined Heisman Promotion, But Louisville May Need That Attention
- Champions League: Borussia Dortmund’s Chance to Turn from Hipster Darlings to European Champions
- Shining Base Path on Matt Harvey, the New York Mets' Star Pitcher, is Dating SI Swimsuit Model Anne V
- Jason McIntyre on Matt Harvey, the New York Mets' Star Pitcher, is Dating SI Swimsuit Model Anne V
24 Responses to “Wally Backman’s Inspiring Speech to His Team Included a Sea of Expletives”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.