Alex Rodriguez has joined Facebook, presumably as part of his targeted campaign to appear more human to us mortals. “Social media has gotten so big now,” he informed ESPN New York “the time was right” to maintain an online presence.
“Some candid pictures, some posts about issues that are important to me such as education, a few inspirational messages … and I plan to answer some fan questions on video, too,” Rodriguez said. “I’m looking forward to sharing experiences in my life that aren’t part of a box score.”
Here is an excellent place to start. Rodriguez also says he’s not quite ready to have his people tweet for him yet.
“I’m taking one social media step at a time,” Rodriguez said. “I really wanted to start with Facebook first to see how that experience goes for me and I’ll go from there. But it’s on my radar, yes.”
The account itself is about what you’d expect. He has pictures with his kids (apparently he needed to lift one from Reuters?). He has pictures of him doing charity and walking out of vehicles with coffee. Each decision could warrant its own psychoanalysis, as we know A-Rod to be the type to sweat the public impact of such inconsequential details. We were most fascinated, however, by his likes, the ones that weren’t endorsements or testaments to his true Yankeedom.
Cultured: Reading, Art Galleries, Andy Warhol
Yes, you’re cultured. Got it.
Movies: Good Fellas, A Few Good Men, Wall Street and Coming to America
Not bad. Selections from when he was still in touch with popular culture. The latter choice might even indicate a latent sense of humor.
Music: Coldplay, Journey, Jay-Z, Kings of Leon
Obviously. All men whose sexes are on fire must listen to Kings of Leon.
Television: Today Show, Seinfeld and…Family Ties.
There is absolutely no agenda he could have “liking” Family Ties. Unless he was trying to like “Family Time” and misclicked, this may be his most candid act since joining the Yankees.
No comments on Derek Jeter’s page yet, though we’d suspect he’s been lurking.
- NFL Coaches Using Microsoft Tablets on the Sidelines in the Future Should Lead to Advances in Clock Management and Strategy
- European Tour Chief George O’Grady: “Most of Sergio’s friends are colored athletes”
- Cute Dog Goes on Canadian Morning Show to Pick Senators – Peguins Winner, Instead Chooses Bacon
- TV Ratings For the NBA Playoff Series Between Memphis & San Antonio Are Predictably Putrid
- Amazing GIF of Tony Allen’s Acting Job vs Spurs Includes Appearances By Steven Spielberg, Brendan Fraser
- ms621 on European Tour Chief George O'Grady: "Most of Sergio's friends are colored athletes"
- Cats (formerly Patrick Patterson) on TV Ratings For the NBA Playoff Series Between Memphis & San Antonio Are Predictably Putrid
- arkbadger on European Tour Chief George O'Grady: "Most of Sergio's friends are colored athletes"
- somewhereoverthedwaynebowe on European Tour Chief George O'Grady: "Most of Sergio's friends are colored athletes"
- Babar 2.0 on European Tour Chief George O'Grady: "Most of Sergio's friends are colored athletes"
7 Responses to “Alex Rodriguez Joins Facebook, Likes Family Ties and Kings of Leon”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.