Bobby Petrino ducking out of an awkward situation with a typed note? We’re shocked. The Arkansas coach released a statement acknowledging and apologizing for not acknowledging Jessica Dorrell was the passenger on his motorcycle. Arkansas AD Jeff Long has placed Bobby Petrino on paid administrative leave pending a “thorough review” of the situation.
From Petrino’s statement:
“I regret that I have not publically (sic) acknowledged a passenger on the vehicle. I have been in constant pain, medicated and the circumstances have come out in bits and pieces. That said I certainly had a concern about Jessica Dorrell’s name being revealed. In my press conference, I referred to her simply as “a lady.” My concern was to protect my family and a previous inappropriate relationship from becoming public. In hindsight, I showed a serious mistake in judgement.”
Petrino’s predecessor Houston Nutt was let go, in part for sending a number of text messages to a woman who was not his wife. Though, that was a different administration.
There are two salient issues. The first is Petrino’s initial dishonesty to his employer about the circumstances of the action. The second is the fact the affair happened with an Arkansas athletic department employee who was his direct subordinate. He might have escaped from either in isolation. Paired together they could be problematic for his future. Credit to Jeff Long for reacting soberly and making a decision once the moral indignation dies down. Assuming he was forthright in round two, we suspect Petrino will stay.
If every columnist could provide a detailed sexual and fidelity history before moralizing, that would be lovely.
[Video via Mike the Intern]
Previously: Some More Information on Bobby Petrino’s Engaged Biker Buddy, Jessica Dorrell
Previously: Bobby Petrino Was Riding With 25-Year-Old Jessica Dorrell When He Crashed His Motorcycle
Previously: Bobby Petrino Will Wear a Helmet the Next Time He Gets on a Motorcycle
- LeBron James’ Game-Winning Lay Up at the Buzzer in Overtime While Roy Hibbert Sat on the Bench [Video]
- Paul George Hit a Ridiculous 3 to Send it Into Overtime After Throwing the Ball Away Moments Earlier [Video]
- Paul George Wore Aqua Pants and a Green, Amoeba-Pattered Dress Shirt to Game 1 in Miami
- Shane Battier Kneed Roy Hibbert in the Balls [Video]
- Chuck Norris Wants a NFL Team to Sign Tim Tebow Because He is a Winner Like Chuck Norris
- knifeyspoony on Paul George Wore Aqua Pants and a Green, Amoeba-Pattered Dress Shirt to Game 1 in Miami
- wildcat1144 on LeBron James' Game-Winning Lay Up at the Buzzer in Overtime While Roy Hibbert Sat on the Bench [Video]
- resolutedefense on Paul George Wore Aqua Pants and a Green, Amoeba-Pattered Dress Shirt to Game 1 in Miami
- A.P. on Paul George Wore Aqua Pants and a Green, Amoeba-Pattered Dress Shirt to Game 1 in Miami
21 Responses to “Arkansas Places Bobby Petrino on Administrative Leave Pending Further Review”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.