There was a very lengthy piece in the Kansas City Star over the weekend on manager Ned Yost and his rather large task of turning the young and talented Royals into a winner. While fans of the team will eat up many of the various nuggets in the article with great pleasure, the portion that stuck out was Yost’s random bond with loyal hunting partner, Jeff Foxworthy.
They drink beer together, tell stories together, stay up late and talk about life together. Then the next day, they usually rise and head toward a deer stand. This past deer season, they killed 27 on Yost’s property; he estimates they took down about 100 on Foxworthy’s land. They clean, process and butcher the deer themselves, techniques that, in another one of his projects, Yost learned and perfected years ago. They donate most of the meat to food banks and churches.
I’m beyond relieved to learn that Foxworthy’s personal assistant wasn’t the poor soul tasked with cleaning, processing and butchering all 127 dead deer.
Apparently each deer the duo coldly hunts down is given a name and a backstory. The first one Yost hunted was named after Bo Jackson because, according to Yost, he was “such a stud.” However, elusive deer named after Herschel Walker, Batman, and Spider-Man remain on the loose.
Royal fans will be amused to learn Yost has even named a deer after outfielder Wil Myers, who’s in the team’s farm system. His reasoning? Because in two years, he’s going to be something special.
Most importantly, if you’ve ever found yourself enjoying the comedic offerings of Jeff Foxworthy, you’re definitely a redneck.
- Roundup: Alex Trebek Rapping on Jeopardy, Obama’s Prom Photos & Saved by the Bell’s Graduation 20 Years Ago
- John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- LeBron James and Paul George’s Epic Game 1 Battle Looks Even Cooler in Slow Motion [Video]
- Manchester City Players Were Super Excited To Catch Passes From Eli Manning [Video]
- Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull’s “Feel This Moment?” Dále!
- spencer096 on Roundup: Alex Trebek Rapping on Jeopardy, Obama's Prom Photos & Saved by the Bell's Graduation 20 Years Ago
- scripty on Roundup: Alex Trebek Rapping on Jeopardy, Obama's Prom Photos & Saved by the Bell's Graduation 20 Years Ago
- A.P. on Roundup: Alex Trebek Rapping on Jeopardy, Obama's Prom Photos & Saved by the Bell's Graduation 20 Years Ago
- Mantis Toboggan on Roundup: Alex Trebek Rapping on Jeopardy, Obama's Prom Photos & Saved by the Bell's Graduation 20 Years Ago
27 Responses to “Ned Yost and Jeff Foxworthy Combined to Kill 127 Deer Last Season”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.