Kentucky beat Louisville in the Final 4, and then Wildcat fans did what you might expect: the college kids started lighting things on fire. Kentucky Kernel has a fantastic minute-by-minute recap:
A car with a smashed-in window was trying to make its way through the crowd. Fireworks started exploding shortly after 8:30 p.m. on State Street and shortly after, at the corner of Woodland and Euclid.
Around 8:40 p.m., a car was flipped on State Street and multiple fires were occurring. At the same time, at least 2,000 people had gathered at the corner of Woodland and Euclid avenues.
At 8:53 p.m., a car was reported on fire on the 200 block of State Street, according to the police scanner.
The scanner reported an injury from a beer bottle on Conn Terrace at 8:58 p.m.
At 9:02 p.m., a couch fire was reported at Rose and Maxwell streets. Couches were also reported on fire on State Street, and near Elizabeth Street and Transcript Avenue in the same area.
Around 9:10 p.m., fans uprooted the stop signs from State Street.
At 9:30 p.m., parts of Maxwell Street were being closed and there was heavy traffic congestion on southbound South Upper Street.
About 9:35 p.m., police starting forming a line in the 200 block of State Street to move people out.
The celebration after the Baylor win was modest (maybe because that came on a Sunday afternoon). Monday night, Lexington will burn. It’ll probably take a few hours before videos start popping up. [Above photo via Twitter, other photo via twitter]
- Fans Are Buying All of Robert Griffin III’s Wedding Registry Gifts, and He Has a Picture to Prove It
- Canadian Singer Butchers Star-Spangled Banner at Junior Hockey Championships [Video]
- Lucas Matthysse Knocked Out Lamont Peterson Saturday Night [GIF]
- Report: Seton Hall Softball Coach Accused of Bullying Players, Flouting NCAA Rules
- Premier League Finale: Arsenal and Tottenham Battle For The Champions League
- Dougb0001 on Premier League Finale: Arsenal and Tottenham Battle For The Champions League
- jbriaz on Lucas Matthysse Knocked Out Lamont Peterson Saturday Night [GIF]
- Mr.Heaven on Premier League Finale: Arsenal and Tottenham Battle For The Champions League
- Nada on Premier League Finale: Arsenal and Tottenham Battle For The Champions League
- Nada on Roy Hibbert Blocked Carmelo Anthony And It Was Epic [GIF]
4 Responses to “Lexington, Kentucky is Rioting Right Now Celebrating the Win Over Louisville”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.