Kentucky looked dominant at times against Louisville, but the Cardinals hung around thanks to offensive rebounds (16). The Wildcats were ultimately tested and passed. They advanced to the title game after defeating their rival, 69-61, to next face the winner of Kansas and Ohio State for the NCAA title.
Louisville trailed 45-32 four minutes into the second half. They had trailed all game. Then, the Cardinals were able to go on a run fueled by offensive rebound put backs, and tied the game with 9 minutes remaining when Peyton Siva hit a three point shot.
However, Kentucky came up huge in their first late test of the tournament. They could have continued to tighten up after having Louisville rally, but they responded. Louisville’s only points for the next six minutes were two Siva free throws. By the time the Cardinals hit their next field goal, the lead was 60-53 Kentucky. The game got back within 5 points, then Player of the Year Anthony Davis (game high 18 points and 14 rebounds, plus five blocks) put the emphatic bow on the victory with this alley oop.
[US Presswire, video via intern Mike]
- Mitchie Brusco – a 15-Year Old – Landed a 1080, Wins Silver at the X-Games [Video]
- Nate Diaz Gets 90-Day Suspension, $20K Fine From the UFC. Let the Healing Begin.
- Michael Phelps Will Swim in the 2016 Rio Olympics, Unless You Want to Believe Michael Phelps
- Jake “The Snake” Roberts Sang “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” at Turner Field [Video]
- Angels Fans Demonstrates Why You Shouldn’t Try to Catch a Baseball With a Full Beer – Beer Explosion!
- Some Random Old Dude on Angels Fans Demonstrates Why You Shouldn't Try to Catch a Baseball With a Full Beer - Beer Explosion!
- A.P. on Nate Diaz Gets 90-Day Suspension, $20K Fine From the UFC. Let the Healing Begin.
- A.P. on Angels Fans Demonstrates Why You Shouldn't Try to Catch a Baseball With a Full Beer - Beer Explosion!
- Some Random Old Dude on Michael Phelps Will Swim in the 2016 Rio Olympics, Unless You Want to Believe Michael Phelps
6 Responses to “Kentucky Wins the Commonwealth Clash Over Louisville, 69-61, To Advance To Title Game”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.