Being Alex Rodriguez rich does not grant immunity from life’s difficulties. The difficulties just become way more ridiculous. The Yankees star experienced the universal pain of making an ill-advised purchase and only being able to return it for store credit. However, when you’re Alex Rodriguez, the purchase is a $17,600 shopping spree at a chi-chi Manhattan boutique and you have “people” to get stressed out for you.
A-Rod did the incredibly awesome uncle thing and spent $17,604 dollars, charged to his Amex Black Card on his 20-year-old niece at the Blue & Cream boutique. Alas, his sister felt this was too extravagant, so the items had to be returned.
Rodriguez’s people then called the store repeatedly asking to return the clothes, but were informed Blue & Cream doesn’t issue refunds, only store credit, a rep for the boutique told us.
Silva sent an e-mail to store management, saying she couldn’t keep the pricey duds, and warned that her uncle will have to take “further measures” if a refund wasn’t issued.
The best play here would be to exchange the items for forty-five $385 hoodies, walk down the street and hand them out to poor people, though the only thing Alex Rodriguez is less capable of than spontaneity is irony.
Since I’m sure you wanted this Rovelled, Alex Rodriguez will earn $21,948 per regular season inning the Yankees play in 2012.
[Photo via Getty]
- Rich Rodriguez’s 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
- The Evolution of Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen is the Craziest Set of Photos You’ll See This Week
- Champions League Final: Arjen Robben’s Late Goal Wins it for Bayern Munich [Video]
- Champions League Final: Neven Subotic Makes Terrific Sliding Stop to Thwart Sure Goal [Video]
- LeBron James and Michael Jordan Have Now Been Compared to God by NBA Players
- Roethlishotdog on The Evolution of Chris 'Birdman' Andersen is the Craziest Set of Photos You'll See This Week
- vermincain on LeBron James and Michael Jordan Have Now Been Compared to God by NBA Players
- A.P. on Rich Rodriguez's 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
- You People on Umpires Screw Up Another Call on This Texas Rangers 'Double Play' [GIF]
- VladimirCrouton on Rich Rodriguez's 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
93 Responses to “Not Even Alex Rodriguez Can Escape Lame Store Credit Exchange Policies”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.