After the Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl, Las Vegas released odds for teams to win the 2013 Super Bowl. The Denver Broncos, who at the time didn’t have Peyton Manning on their radar, were listed as 75:1 at the MGM. (They were 70:1 in other spots and 50:1 elsewhere.)
Monday, after Peyton Manning told his agent to tell Mort that Denver was his choice, the odds for Denver rapidly dipped to 10:1. (In some places, an absurd 8:1.) At 10:1, that leaves only four teams with better odds:
Green Bay Packers (+600)
New England Patriots (+700)
San Francisco 49ers (+700)
New Orleans Saints (+800)
Defending champion New York Giants? Nope. The Baltimore Ravens, who were thisclose to getting to overtime in the AFC title game? Negative.
Just a guess here, but Vegas is going to clean up on this one. The unwashed masses can’t unload their money quick enough on the return of a Hall of Fame QB. He’s going to a team that went to the playoffs! They made the playoffs with a shitty QB, imagine what they’ll do with one of the best ever! The receivers aren’t that bad! The defense is really good! The AFC West sucks!
I’d sooner put my money on the Lions or Texans or Bears or the rebuilding Steelers or even the Eagles (and playoff fraud Andy Reid) before I dropped a dime on a soon-to-be 36-year-old QB who hasn’t played since losing a Jan. 2011 playoff game to the Jets, coming off a few neck procedures, going to a new team that plays a brutal schedule.
But that’s just me.
Previously: Peyton Manning: A Video Tribute of His Greatest Hits in Indianapolis
Previously: Peyton Manning Will Sign With The Arizona Cardinals According to NFL Insider Chad Lowe
Previously: Has Peyton Manning Looked at How Hard Denver’s Schedule is in 2012?
- American League All-Star Starter: Scherzer, Darvish, Buchholz … Iwakuma?
- USA vs. Honduras: Win and Klinsmann, Fans, Can Enjoy Their Summers
- Danny Green’s 2013 NBA Finals 3-Point Shot Chart is Absolutely Absurd
- Mets Lose Matt Harvey No-Hitter In Classic Mets Fashion [GIF]
- Drag Racing Yoga Instructor Spins Car 360-Degrees While Driving 140mph, Doesn’t Crash [Video]
- RexKramerDangerSeeker on USA vs. Honduras: Win and Klinsmann, Fans, Can Enjoy Their Summers
- Shining Base Path on USA vs. Honduras: Win and Klinsmann, Fans, Can Enjoy Their Summers
- The White Frank White on Danny Green's 2013 NBA Finals 3-Point Shot Chart is Absolutely Absurd
- PeerLessPrices on American League All-Star Starter: Scherzer, Darvish, Buchholz ... Iwakuma?
- ms621 on USA vs. Honduras: Win and Klinsmann, Fans, Can Enjoy Their Summers
107 Responses to “Denver’s Super Bowl Odds Went from 75:1 to 10:1 by Adding Peyton Manning”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.