Ryan Braun, the reigning NL MVP who tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone last year, but escaped on a technicality last month, is off to a slow start in Spring Training. He’s 1-for-15 with five strikeouts.
Obviously, this means nothing. But the media did what it had to do, especially based on recent developments – they asked him about it.
“There’s never a quantity of at-bats in spring training that would concern me, ever,” he said. “Spring training’s never been result-oriented. It’s always been process-oriented. The process is certainly a little different this year, it’s an adjustment I’ll have to make.
“Beyond that, I’ve never put any value into stats in spring training.”
“If I go 0 for 50 in spring training, I’m 100 percent confident I’ll have success in the season. I’m serious. It’s just different. It’s a different intensity, it’s a different focus. It’s a different energy, enthusiasm when you play regular-season games. It just is.
“Of course I want to have success. You always want to have success. But it’s just different. When the regular season starts, it’s different.”
Braun is being booed every time he steps up to the plate in Spring Training. Nice job by the savvy fans. I’m contemplating getting tickets to a Brewers game against the Phillies, Mets or
Yankees (rats, they don’t meet in Interleague play) just to boo Braun. [JS Online]
Previously: Ryan Braun vs. Dino Laurenzi, the Urine Sample Collector. Who You Got?
Previously: National League MVP Ryan Braun Wins His Appeal of the Suspension for Performance Enhancing Drugs
Previously: Ryan Braun Probably Needs to Tell Everyone Why He Had So Much Synthetic Testosterone in His System
- Marlon Williams, the Former Texas Tech LB & Real World Castmember, Has a Rap Video
- Johnny Manziel is Not Undergoing “Social Implosion,” He’s Just a 20-Year-Old
- Jonny Gomes Hit a Walk-Off Homer, Auditioned to be an NFL Punter Rounding Third Base
- Christian Ponder Could Be Challenged for Starting Job by Matt Cassel, According to Adam Schefter
- Jozy Altidore is Hot, Jurgen Klinsmann is Making All the Right Moves, and US Soccer is on Fire
- Nada on Johnny Manziel is Not Undergoing "Social Implosion," He's Just a 20-Year-Old
- Nada on Christian Ponder Could Be Challenged for Starting Job by Matt Cassel, According to Adam Schefter
- Patrick Division on Christian Ponder Could Be Challenged for Starting Job by Matt Cassel, According to Adam Schefter
- Average_Joe on Jozy Altidore is Hot, Jurgen Klinsmann is Making All the Right Moves, and US Soccer is on Fire
- spencer096 on Johnny Manziel is Not Undergoing "Social Implosion," He's Just a 20-Year-Old
109 Responses to “Ryan Braun is Struggling in Spring Training, Which Means Nothing (Yet)”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.