Bobby Knight is an ESPN college basketball analyst, but the former coach has somehow been able to do his job without mentioning the word “Kentucky” on air. For instance: Over the weekend, Knight was asked which No. 1 seed was most vulnerable in the NCAA tournament. Knight said, “the team playing from the SEC,” but refused to actually say “Kentucky.” It’s gotten to be so ridiculous for ESPN, even Rick Reilly is taking jabs at Knight on twitter.
Knight’s history with Calipari dates back to 2009, when he essentially said Calipari lacked “integrity.” Knight took another jab at Calipari last April when he (erroneously) said none of Kentucky’s starters went to class. Knight later apologized.
Bully Knight says what he wants and does what he wants – like being the only announcer at ESPN not to wear a tie when calling games – and who gives a shit what everyone thinks? He doesn’t respect anyone. Remember this Jeremy Schapp moment? [Fast forward to 1:20]
Anyway, I called Knight on his cell phone today inquiring about why he won’t say the word “Kentucky” on air. Here’s how it went down:
Q: Hi Mr. Knight, my name is Jason McIntyre and I write for The Big Lead. We write about sports and the media and I was calling to ask you about the NCAA tournament, specifically, Kentucky.
Knight: How did you get this number?
Q: Just a source. I’ve been in the media for a few years and … [cuts me off]
Knight (voice audibly raised): HOW DID YOU GET THIS NUMBER?
Q: Just a contact I …. [cuts me off]
Knight: I’m going to ask you one last time. Who gave you this number?
Q: Mr. Knight, I’m just calling to ask about Kentucky, and why you won’t mention the Wildcats by name on air. It seems … [cuts me off]
Knight: If you won’t tell me who gave you the number, I’ve got nothing to say to you. [Click]
Wonder if we’ll see Knight on ESPN this week talking about Friday’s Indiana-Kentucky Sweet 16 game?
- Chris Bosh Blocked Two Shots in the Final Moments to Help Miami Force Game 7 [Video]
- Ray Allen Forced Overtime By Hitting the 3-Pointer the Miami Heat Signed Him to Hit [Video]
- Mike Miller Hit a Huge 3-Pointer While Wearing Just One Shoe [Video]
- Jozy Altidore Scored Fourth Goal in Four Matches, Gave U.S. 1-0 Lead Against Honduras [Video]
- Tim Duncan Scores 25 in the First Half Against the Heat, Miami in Trouble
- Liquor on Chris Bosh Blocked Two Shots in the Final Moments to Help Miami Force Game 7 [Video]
- orly57 on Chris Bosh Blocked Two Shots in the Final Moments to Help Miami Force Game 7 [Video]
- Some Random Old Dude on Kawhi Leondard Slapped Mike Miller in the Face as He Dunked on Him in Game 6 [Video]
- vajayjay redick on Kawhi Leondard Slapped Mike Miller in the Face as He Dunked on Him in Game 6 [Video]
- resolutedefense on Kawhi Leondard Slapped Mike Miller in the Face as He Dunked on Him in Game 6 [Video]
227 Responses to “Bobby Knight Still Won’t Talk About Kentucky, Not Even When You Try Him on His Cell Phone”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.