Conference: Mid-American Conference (27-7)
Location: Athens, Ohio
Famous Alums: Roger Ailes, president of Fox News, and Sports Illustrated’s Peter King
They’re Back! 13 previous appearances for the Bobcats, and they upset Georgetown soundly back in the first round in 2010.
Resume: A close loss at Louisville and a win over Marshall highlight their non-conference results. They finished 3rd in the MAC but won the rubber match against Akron in the tourney final to advance.
Notable Player(s): 5’11″ point guard D.J. Cooper is quick, will get steals, set up teammates, and is also the leading scorer.
Team Style/Strengths: They generate steals, will play uptempo, and are vulnerable on the defensive glass. Their weaknesses and strengths matchup with Michigan, who are not a good rebounding team but are good at not turning it over. It will be a tempo contrast as the Ohio Bobcats try to speed Michigan up.
All-Important Rankings: 47 (RPI), 72 (Pomeroy)
Outlook/Seed: The committee rewarded Michigan’s loss to Ohio State with now having to play the Ohio University as a #13 seed. An upset in the battle of Ohio versus Michigan would not be out of the question.
[photo via US Presswire]
NCAA Tournament Automatic Berths:
- The 10 Greatest Trilogies in Movie History
- CJ Spiller Breaks Down SpongeBob Characters While Eating a Foot Long Hot Dog [Video]
- Fan Runs on Field During Angels/Royals Game, Steals Rosin Bag, Trips Up Police Officer Chasing Him [Video]
- Roundup: Alex Trebek Rapping on Jeopardy, Obama’s Prom Photos & Saved by the Bell’s Graduation 20 Years Ago
- John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
One Response to “March Madness 2012: The Ohio Bobcats are Dancing in the NCAA Tournament”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.