Ryan Burr, host of ESPN’s College Basketball Final, is now recruiting for Syracuse or coming very, very close to it. The Syracuse grad sent a “Message 2 Nerelins Noel,” the nation’s No. 1 recruit, on twitter asking him how he would “like to be in the middle of the zone” with Fab Melo now turning pro.
He didn’t send a message to Nerlens Noel. The tweet seemed to be rhetorical. However, there are possible NCAA issues stemming from this if he is defined as a booster and the tweet is deemed to have “made contact” with Noel. At the very least, this could have been phrased far less provocatively.
Media-wise just rooting for a team publicly would rankle some of the more ethically obsessed. Encouraging a recruit to sign with your school goes far beyond that.
- Austrian Soccer Team Celebrates Championship By Throwing Sky Sports Reporter in the Hot Tub [Video]
- The 10 Greatest Trilogies in Movie History
- CJ Spiller Breaks Down SpongeBob Characters While Eating a Foot Long Hot Dog [Video]
- Fan Runs on Field During Angels/Royals Game, Steals Rosin Bag, Trips Up Police Officer Chasing Him [Video]
- Roundup: Alex Trebek Rapping on Jeopardy, Obama’s Prom Photos & Saved by the Bell’s Graduation 20 Years Ago
15 Responses to “Did ESPN College Basketball Anchor Ryan Burr Recruit Nerlens Noel For Syracuse?”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.