The Daytona 500 was a huge hit in primetime last night, averaging an estimated 14.24 million viewers for FOX. That’s a huge bump for FOX from their usual Monday programming. Might this finally convince FOX to get into sports broadcasting? Only time will tell! Via HitFix:
Overall, FOX averaged an estimated 14.24 million viewers for Monday primetime, along with an 8.2 rating/12 share. NBC’s 7.3/11 and 12.13 million viewers followed, with CBS averaging 10.01 million viewers and a 6.3/10 to finish third. ABC’s 5.6/9 and 8.34 million viewers finished fourth. Then there was a big drop to the 0.9/1 and 1.28 million viewers for The CW.
Despite dominating the evening, the news wasn’t all positive. Daytona’s ratings were actually down from last year’s race which took place (as scheduled) on a Sunday afternoon. So is NASCAR in a decline after a couple strong years? Or do people just love 2 and a Half Men that much? FOX’s numbers steadily declined last night as the evening wore on. My guess? It’s easier to maintain a steady number when a race takes it’s three scheduled hours instead of stretching into the wee hours of the next day.
- Oxbow Upsets Orb To Win Preakness, No Triple Crown For 2013
- Charmin “Stop Skidmarks” Billboard Won At Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Mets Resort To Groupon To Sell Tickets, Including Yankees Games
- Oklahoma State Blocks Wes Lunt Transfer Options, Lest Mike Gundy Look Bad Indirectly
- Tony Allen: Here’s Video of Him Dancing in Front of a Green Screen Taping an ESPN NBA Promo
- beardown on Oxbow Upsets Orb To Win Preakness, No Triple Crown For 2013
- Caribou on Jaguars Cheerleader Swimsuit Video is Something to Root For [Video]
- Black on Baby Goat Playing and Jumping on a Sleepy Pig Should Highlight Your Weekend [Video]
- A.P. on Oxbow Upsets Orb To Win Preakness, No Triple Crown For 2013
- A.P. on Mets Resort To Groupon To Sell Tickets, Including Yankees Games
4 Responses to “Daytona 500 Ratings: The Voice, The Bachelor & 2 Broke Girls Eat NASCAR’s Dust!”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.