Hall of Fame catcher Gary Carter, who was diagnosed with inoperable glioblastoma this past June, has passed away at the age of 57. His daughter released the following statement:
“I am deeply saddened to tell you all that my precious dad went to be with Jesus today at 4:10 pm. This is the most difficult thing I have ever had to write in my entire life but I wanted you all to know. He is in heaven and has reunited with his mom and dad. I believe with all my heart that dad had a STANDING OVATION as he walked through the gates of heaven to be with Jesus.”
Terribly sad news. “The Kid” was an unforgettable player who will always have a special place in the hearts of Mets fans. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Carter family.
[via NY Daily News]
- Manchester City Players Were Super Excited To Catch Passes From Eli Manning [Video]
- Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull’s “Feel This Moment?” Dále!
- Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago’s Sarah Spain
- Premier League: What Each Club Should Prioritize in the Summer
- Donald Patrick Mynack on NFL Coaches Using Microsoft Tablets on the Sidelines in the Future Should Lead to Advances in Clock Management and Strategy
- MP on Premier League: What Each Club Should Prioritize in the Summer
- Donald Patrick Mynack on Footage of Kelly Tripucka Unveiling the Original Teal Charlotte Hornets' Uniforms in 1988 is Breathtaking [Video]
- Ty_Webb on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
- LesNessman on Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull's "Feel This Moment?" Dále!
46 Responses to “RIP Gary Carter”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.