Roundup: Whitney Houston’s Prescription Drugs, Phil Mickelson Beats Tiger Woods & Adele Cleans up at the Grammys
Rihanna … details on the days leading up to Whitney Houston’s death … Adele collected six Grammy awards … E! has a complete list of Grammy winners … look out for the piggy back bandit! … waiter wins scholarship … simmer down, Breitbart … a nice photo of Kate Upton … mysterious disease kills thousands in Central America … wild photos of a cloud tsunami in Florida … “The Vow” continues to dominate the box office … “Marriage Rates and the Lottery” … Zooey’s opening on SNL … Esquire’s pushing Kate Upton in the same week should should be the SI Swimsuit cover girl … Sinead O’Connor certainly is, uh, interesting …
Phil Mickelson rallied past Tiger Woods to win at Pebble Beach to “start” the golf season. [Bloomberg]
Tiger Woods lost, but he’s still the story. He’s always the story. [Chronicle]
Great read on Jeremy Lin coming out of high school – nobody wanted him, and he had to send tape to the Patriot and Ivy League schools. An assistant told Lin’s coach he should go to a D3 school. [NYT]
Here’s the write-up from when Lin’s team pulled a massive upset in 2006 to win a California State title. [LA Times]
Powerful story. Warning: Graphic and disturbing. [NYT]
Go to Myrtle Beach, see “America’s hottest golfer,” Blair O’Neal. [Myrtle Beach Golf]
Very good behind-the-scenes look at what was going on in the days leading up to Memphis joining the Big East. [Commercial Appeal]
Warning: The story of this recruit’s sisters dying is really sad. [Post-Gazette]
Illinois could have really used this win: Wolverines 70, Illini 61. [Detroit News]
There were 401 players selected before Albert Pujols in the draft many moons ago. [LA Times]
Here are some underrated draft prospects heading into the NFL Combine. [Rotoworld]
The New Yorker has chimed in on the Jeremy Lin phenomenon. [New Yorker]
Just terrible news about the wife of former Bears’ star Tommie Harris. [Sun-Times]
Fun headline to get clicks, but this ain’t happening, not in my lifetime: The End of Football. [Grantland]
Kid’s art should win a prize, but it doesn’t, so he weeps during a TV interview.
Something called Deadmau5 made an appearance at the Grammys.
Lucky, lucky man.
Go ahead, download tons of Whitney Houston songs today.
- Rich Rodriguez’s 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
- The Evolution of Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen is the Craziest Set of Photos You’ll See This Week
- Champions League Final: Arjen Robben’s Late Goal Wins it for Bayern Munich [Video]
- Champions League Final: Neven Subotic Makes Terrific Sliding Stop to Thwart Sure Goal [Video]
- LeBron James and Michael Jordan Have Now Been Compared to God by NBA Players
- Roethlishotdog on The Evolution of Chris 'Birdman' Andersen is the Craziest Set of Photos You'll See This Week
- vermincain on LeBron James and Michael Jordan Have Now Been Compared to God by NBA Players
- A.P. on Rich Rodriguez's 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
- You People on Umpires Screw Up Another Call on This Texas Rangers 'Double Play' [GIF]
- VladimirCrouton on Rich Rodriguez's 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
488 Responses to “Roundup: Whitney Houston’s Prescription Drugs, Phil Mickelson Beats Tiger Woods & Adele Cleans up at the Grammys”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.