UFC fighter Nick Diaz tested positive for marijuana following his main event loss to Carlos Condit on Saturday night at UFC 143. Keith Kizer, the executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission confirmed the positive test this afternoon.
All results received thus far have been negative, except Mr. Diaz tested positive for marijuana metabolites.Â A complaint for disciplinary action against Mr. Diaz has been filed.
Rumors began to swirl earlier this week after a rematch between Diaz and Condit was booked and canceled in a matter of minutes.
After losing his interim title bout to Condit on Saturday, Diaz said he was “done with MMA” and added that he didn’t need “this shit.” Many people took this as Diaz retiring which was ridiculous considering he’s 28 years old and in the prime of his career. Now he’s facing at least a temporary retirement.
With welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre on the shelf until late 2012, many fans were calling for a rematch from the moment the scores were read on Saturday. On Tuesday night, Dana White confirmed via Twitter that Condit had accepted the rematch and the two would fight again. Diaz’s camp immediately said that the fight was off and wouldn’t happen this year, but no reason was given. On Wednesday conflicting reports began to trickle out that the fight was off, but no one knew why. It probably should have been a clue that both Diaz and Condit wanted the fight, Dana White had kind of announced it and neither fighter was injured.
White tweeted to a few fans on Tuesday night that Condit wanted the rematch. Diaz previously had a 2007 submission victory over Takanori Gomi changed to a no contest after testing positive for marijuana. In 2009, Diaz bragged to the Los Angeles times that he was still a pot smoker and had an easy way to beat a drug test.
- Riddick Bowe Promoted His Unsuccessful Muay Thai Debut By Allowing Monkeys to Climb All Over Him in Thailand
- New Zealand High School Rugby Player With the Most Vicious Hit of the Decade [Painful Video and Gif]
- Mario Balotelli Scores Goal, Kicks Own Shoes, Shouts Out Drake; All in a Day’s Work
- The 2013 MLB All-Star Game Batting Practice Jerseys Can be Yours for the Low, Low Price of $99.99
- Manu Ginobili’s Bald Spot Disappears After One Magical Swipe From Tim Duncan [GIF]
- Shining Base Path on MLB At-Bat Music: Ballplayers Love Drake, Pitbull, Metallica and 90s Hip Hop Jams
- scripty on New Zealand High School Rugby Player With the Most Vicious Hit of the Decade [Painful Video and Gif]
- scripty on Riddick Bowe Promoted His Unsuccessful Muay Thai Debut By Allowing Monkeys to Climb All Over Him in Thailand
- TonyToniTone Has Done It Again on MLB At-Bat Music: Ballplayers Love Drake, Pitbull, Metallica and 90s Hip Hop Jams
- TheRealAC on New Zealand High School Rugby Player With the Most Vicious Hit of the Decade [Painful Video and Gif]
12 Responses to “Nick Diaz Tested Positive For Marijuana at UFC 143”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.