Roundup: NESN Hired a Sideline Reporter, Tiger Choked in Abu Dhabi & a Longtime Sports Columnist Retired
Shakira … Canadian kids put a lego man in space … Grey won the weekend Box Office … “Angry about inequality? Don’t blame the rich” … weakest suspension ever? … rent a suite at a Wizards game, meet Gheorghe Muresan … what celebrities can make tweeting … this guy won some big bucks on Jeopardy … damn banks … police department loses $50k worth of sex toys … “‘Sugar Babies’ seek friendship and help with tuition” …
Replacing Heidi Watney in Boston at NESN: Jenny Dell. She used to work at ESPN. [Touching All the Bases]
Dave Sittler, longtime columnist at the Tulsa World, has retired. [Tulsa World]
Dorial Green-Beckham is the best football recruit in the country. He’s got an incredible back story. [KC Star]
“Raising the bowl requirement would be one more reason for teams to dumb down their regular-season schedules. One more reason to schedule three or four cupcakes in non-conference, then take your chances within the league.” Already happening, Berry. [Oklahoman]
Golf in January? Something happened to Tiger in Abu Dhabi. [Golf Channel]
Dwight Howard went off on his teammates in the locker room at halftime this weekend. [Sentinel]
NHL contracts are out of control! [Globe & Mail]
The Ryan Boatright saga is over, and he’s back with UConn. A lot happened over the weekend, though. [New Haven Register]
Among the weekend UConn happenings: Notre Dame 50, Huskies 48. Another bad loss for reeling UConn. [South Bend Trib]
When Sidney Crosby went down in the Winter Classic, he actually had a broken neck, but it wasn’t diagnosed as such. [Tribune-Review]
Huge get for Chip Kelly: Oregon landed 6-foot-8, 295-pound defensive line star Arik Armstead. [Oregonian]
I thought this was a fantastic Curtis Martin column. [Star Ledger]
In case you’re wondering how Kyle Singler is doing in Spain. [AP]
UFC on Fox pulled some strong ratings Saturday night. [TV by the Numbers]
“Sixers center Tony Battie wasn’t hard to miss Thursday night while sipping Michelob Ultras during porn actress Richelle Ryan’s dance set at Tattletales.” [Philly Gossip]
Competition is fierce for sweaty Novak Djokovic shirts.
You may not see a worse free throw attempt this season in the NBA.
Grandma ducks to avoid live TV shot. Nice try.
- Chris Bosh Blocked Two Shots in the Final Moments to Help Miami Force Game 7 [Video]
- Ray Allen Forced Overtime By Hitting the 3-Pointer the Miami Heat Signed Him to Hit [Video]
- Mike Miller Hit a Huge 3-Pointer While Wearing Just One Shoe [Video]
- Jozy Altidore Scored Fourth Goal in Four Matches, Gave U.S. 1-0 Lead Against Honduras [Video]
- Tim Duncan Scores 25 in the First Half Against the Heat, Miami in Trouble
- Liquor on Chris Bosh Blocked Two Shots in the Final Moments to Help Miami Force Game 7 [Video]
- orly57 on Chris Bosh Blocked Two Shots in the Final Moments to Help Miami Force Game 7 [Video]
- Some Random Old Dude on Kawhi Leondard Slapped Mike Miller in the Face as He Dunked on Him in Game 6 [Video]
- vajayjay redick on Kawhi Leondard Slapped Mike Miller in the Face as He Dunked on Him in Game 6 [Video]
- resolutedefense on Kawhi Leondard Slapped Mike Miller in the Face as He Dunked on Him in Game 6 [Video]
151 Responses to “Roundup: NESN Hired a Sideline Reporter, Tiger Choked in Abu Dhabi & a Longtime Sports Columnist Retired”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.