ESPN’s Bracket Busters Series, which seeks to set up matchups between schools from “mid-major” conferences and will be broadcast between Friday, February 17th to Sunday, February 19th, has been set.
The marquee matchup will be the lone undefeated team in the country, Murray State, hosting their biggest risk for a loss, St. Mary’s of California. St. Mary’s is 21-2, and has a better profile than Murray State entering the game, with a sweep of BYU, a win over Gonzaga, and one of their two losses coming to Baylor. That game will be televised at 6 pm on either ESPN or ESPN2 (likely pending whether the Racers are still undefeated).
Other notable matchups between teams with hopes for the NCAA Tournament:
Long Beach State at Creighton: Long Beach played a very tough non-conference schedule, with wins over Pittsburgh and Xavier, and losses to Kansas, Kansas State, Louisville, North Carolina and San Diego State, all on the road. A win at Missouri Valley Conference Creighton would give them a good at large profile.
Wichita State at Davidson: The Shockers get a tough test against a Davidson team that defeated Kansas earlier this year.
Nevada at Iona: Both teams really need this win to boost themselves into having any chance at an at-large. MoMo Jones, who played for Arizona last year, is now playing for Iona.
Northern Iowa at Virginia Commonwealth: Last year’s tournament darlings, VCU, are playing in a down Colonial Athletic Conference and could really use a win over a team from the stronger Missouri Valley.
[photo via Getty]
- Gregg Popovich and His Two Word “Turnover” Interview [Video]
- Angel Pagan Hit a Walk-Off Inside-the-Park Home Run Today vs. the Rockies [Video]
- Rich Rodriguez’s 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
- The Evolution of Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen is the Craziest Set of Photos You’ll See This Week
- Champions League Final: Arjen Robben’s Late Goal Wins it for Bayern Munich [Video]
- A.P. on Gregg Popovich and His Two Word "Turnover" Interview [Video]
- Monster is Meth on Rich Rodriguez's 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
- A.P. on Angel Pagan Hit a Walk-Off Inside-the-Park Home Run Today vs. the Rockies [Video]
- A.P. on Adam Scott and Other Golfers are Retaining Counsel in Response to the USGA Anchor Putter Ban
- A.P. on Rich Rodriguez's 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
20 Responses to “Bracket Busters is Set: Undefeated Murray State Hosts Ranked St. Mary’s”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.