The Cameron Crazies don’t care about Duke home basketball games anymore, so sayeth the Duke Chronicle (and attendance figures):
Student attendance at men’s basketball games has fallen consistently over the last five years, even dropping after Duke won its fourth national championship in 2010. This season, approximately 650 undergraduates have attended each game, 150 fewer than during the 2008-09 season. As a result, Duke Athletics has begun to sell an increasing number of general admission tickets in the student section on a regular basis.
I’ll wait with bated breath for Dick Vitale to tear this article apart on his next visit to Durham.
“It’s the best atmosphere in America, baby!”
“These Duke fans are the real PTPers!”
“Krzyzewskiville was jumping the other night, baby, it was awesome!”
You mean students don’t pack Cameron Indoor for home games in December in January? I’m shocked the Duke faithful didn’t return to campus during Winter Break to watch Duke clobber Pennsylvania on New Year’s Day. Students should be ashamed they missed the 40-point romp over Western Michigan on Dec. 30th. Two of Duke’s most competitive games took place in Hawaii (Michigan, Kansas), another in Columbus (Ohio State) and another in NYC (Michigan State). The students are missing nothing, unless you count the underlying tension between Coach K and Austin Rivers. [Duke Chronicle]
- Manchester City Players Were Super Excited To Catch Passes From Eli Manning [Video]
- Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull’s “Feel This Moment?” Dále!
- Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago’s Sarah Spain
- Premier League: What Each Club Should Prioritize in the Summer
- A.P. on Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull's "Feel This Moment?" Dále!
- A.P. on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
- PL StabbinKabin on Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull's "Feel This Moment?" Dále!
- Shining Base Path on Manchester City Players Were Super Excited To Catch Passes From Eli Manning [Video]
- scripty on NFL Coaches Using Microsoft Tablets on the Sidelines in the Future Should Lead to Advances in Clock Management and Strategy
21 Responses to “The Great Duke Basketball Attendance Crisis at Cameron Indoor Stadium”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.