Milwaukee Brewers outfielders Ryan Braun discussed “challenges” and “adversity” during his NL MVP acceptance speech at last night’s Baseball Writers Association of America awards banquet in Manhattan. He never specifically mentioned the drug testing controversy and looming suspension, but no one in their right mind expected him to do so. Here’s the money quote:
“Sometimes in life we all deal with challenges we never expected to endure. We have an opportunity to look at those challenges and view them either as obstacles or opportunities. I’ve chosen to view every challenge I’ve ever faced as an opportunity and this will be no different. I’ve always believed that a person’s character is revealed through the way they deal with those moments of adversity.”
Well said, and delivered flawlessly. Ryan Braun has a promising future in politics.
A two-day arbitration hearing regarding the possible 50-game suspension concluded this past Friday. The three-man panel has 25 days to render a verdict.
A transcript of the entire speech can be found here.
- John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- LeBron James and Paul George’s Epic Game 1 Battle Looks Even Cooler in Slow Motion [Video]
- Manchester City Players Were Super Excited To Catch Passes From Eli Manning [Video]
- Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull’s “Feel This Moment?” Dále!
- Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- orly57 on John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- yorwifesahor on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- Nada on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
- A.P. on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
6 Responses to “Ryan Braun Accepts NL MVP Award, Discusses “Adversity””
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.