Last week, Dustin Penner suffered a back injury while eating pancakes. He quickly became a legend because his wife is very attractive and apparently she can make pancakes that will make your toes curl. Also, people made fun of his pancake-related injury. Yesterday he released a statement to MayorsManor.com, a Kings blog explaining just what happened.
From Mayors Manor.com:
So it seems as though I need to address Pancakegate for those in the sports media world, as well as those following #pennercakes on twitter, in light of the recent phenomenon I’ve created.
Right off the bat, I’d like to clarify a few things.
For example, they were vegetarian pancakes. The injury happened as I was sitting down to eat, not mid-bite. And yes, I did finish them.
So how did it happen?
First and foremost, I think we can agree that having delicious pancakes that your wife made for breakfast, for a 1pm game, is not out of the norm. Secondly, “SOBS” (Sudden Onset Back Spasms) can occur at any moment, doing just about anything you can think of, and is a very serious issue.
As someone who has dealt with back issues in the past, the human back is a cruel mistress, capable of double-crossing you at any moment. Penner is even working with the Mayors Manor to raise money for charity.
In an effort to end the entire experience on a high note, I’m partnering with MayorsManor to sponsor a ‘Pancakes with Penner’ breakfast. In the weeks to come we’ll be setting up a special raffle. Fans will be able to purchase tickets for $1.00 for a chance to have a pancake breakfast with me. All the money raised will go to charity…while we enjoy some delicious pancakes!
Good for Penner. Hopefully this will rehab his reputation while he suffers through days of doctor prescribed bed rest with no one but his wife to care for him.
- John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- LeBron James and Paul George’s Epic Game 1 Battle Looks Even Cooler in Slow Motion [Video]
- Manchester City Players Were Super Excited To Catch Passes From Eli Manning [Video]
- Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull’s “Feel This Moment?” Dále!
- Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- orly57 on John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- yorwifesahor on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- Nada on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
- A.P. on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
24 Responses to “Dustin Penner Owns His Pancake Injury, Turns it Into a Charitable Opportunity”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.