The St. Louis Cardinals and Carlos Beltran have reached an agreement on a two-year, $26 million contract. The move, pending the results of a physical, is apparently the Cardinals’ best way of softening the blow of losing Albert Pujols. Are fans happy with this move? It all depends, really.
If you’re looking for a player who leans on daily updates of the health percentages of his hamstrings, which will never break 89%, Beltran is your guy. If you’re looking for someone to pass the buck like a hot potato, Beltran is your guy. However, if you happen to be looking for a player who isn’t crankier than your girlfriend, Beltran is not your guy.
To be completely fair to Carlos, he concluded last season with an OPS of .920, his highest since 2006.
[Via CBS News]
- 5 Major Leaguers Who Did It Their Own Way & Who Is Most Like Them in Today’s Game
- Neymar Executed An Epic Flop and Pantomime Combo Against Mexico [GIF]
- Neymar Scored Another Volley in the Confederations Cup, This Time vs. Mexico [Video]
- What Happens When Terrell Owens Plays Flag Football
- MLB Offered $125,000 to Original Whistleblower in Biogenesis Scandal, and He Didn’t Take It
- scripty on What is the NCAA Trying to Hide in the Todd McNair Case?
- arkbadger on What is the NCAA Trying to Hide in the Todd McNair Case?
- orly57 on Miami and San Antonio Game 6 Thriller Generated a Monster 14.7 Overnight TV Rating
- Cowboy Boots on Marlon Williams, the Former Texas Tech LB & Real World Castmember, Has a Rap Video
- ButtersBC on Neymar Scored Another Volley in the Confederations Cup, This Time vs. Mexico [Video]
26 Responses to “Carlos Beltran is a St. Louis Cardinal”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.