According to North American CEO John Krafcik, the Korean-based automaker is purchasing time for two ads on the pre-game show, a 60-second spot to air just before kickoff and two during the first and third quarters of the game, respectively.
Super Bowl XLVI is being played at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indidanpolis.
Spots for the game are going for upward of $3 million for a 30-second commercial, according to industry analysts, although companies that purchase multiple spots generally pay a lower package rate.
Hyundai was among more than 12 automaker and car-related companies that aired spots during Super Bowl XLV. The total number of car-category companies advertising during Super Bowl XLVI has not yet been revealed.
According to Krafcik, Hyundai is seeking a lighter tone than in past years to make them more memorable. Two Hyundai spots that aired during Super Bowl XLV attempted to sell cars via “mass hypnosis.” A third spot focused more on brand attributes.
“We’re competing with Doritos and Pepsi and Anheuser-Busch,” Krafcik told members of the media during an auto show this past weekend in Michigan. “Those are tough competitors from an entertainment point of view.”
Hyundai also ran commercials during the playoffs last season
- LeBron James and Paul George’s Epic Game 1 Battle Looks Even Cooler in Slow Motion [Video]
- Manchester City Players Were Super Excited To Catch Passes From Eli Manning [Video]
- Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull’s “Feel This Moment?” Dále!
- Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago’s Sarah Spain
- scripty on Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull's "Feel This Moment?" Dále!
- A.P. on NFL Coaches Using Microsoft Tablets on the Sidelines in the Future Should Lead to Advances in Clock Management and Strategy
- A.P. on Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull's "Feel This Moment?" Dále!
- A.P. on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
- PL StabbinKabin on Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull's "Feel This Moment?" Dále!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.