During the fourth quarter of the Ravens-Steelers tryst on Sunday night some devilish wisenheimer working the PA at Heinz Field decided to play Lynyrd Skynyrd’s “What’s Your Name” right before Joe Flacco began Baltimore’s impressive game-winning drive.
Who the hell cares, right? Well John Harbaugh cares because the aforementioned jingle includes the lyrics, “What’s your name, little girl? What’s your name?” But what really drove the less maniacal of the two Harbaugh brothers insane was the presence of those lyrics on the jumbotron along with the inclusion of Flacco’s stats versus Ben Roethlisberger’s.
John Harbaugh, of all people, was livid about this. (The Ravens coach was so fired up in the locker room after the victory, he actually pulled me aside to explain this, unprompted.) Harbaugh said he thought the lyrics — namely, “Hey, little girl” — were intended to be a shot at his quarterback’s manhood, and that made his blood boil. That’s part of the reason he was so fired up when Flacco engineered the game-winning drive, so much so that he cut his chin jumping up and down and celebrating with players.
An irritated Harbaugh pulling the reporter aside without any prompting is the true gift here. Can NFL Films or HBO please pay a visit to a Harbaugh family dinner? Thanksgiving would be ideal.
When Van Valkenburg later approached Flacco regarding his coach’s song gripe, he replied “I have no idea what you’re talking about. They were playing a song?” Perfect. While it’s certainly a good thing he wasn’t paying attention to crap like that, the response is still vintage Flacco, a consistently strange quarterback who’s been gifted with immense aloofness and unified eyebrows.
- John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- LeBron James and Paul George’s Epic Game 1 Battle Looks Even Cooler in Slow Motion [Video]
- Manchester City Players Were Super Excited To Catch Passes From Eli Manning [Video]
- Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull’s “Feel This Moment?” Dále!
- Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- orly57 on John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- yorwifesahor on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- Nada on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
- A.P. on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
54 Responses to “John Harbaugh is Perturbed at Steelers PA for Calling Flacco a Little Girl”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.