LSU 9, Alabama 6, a game dominated by defense and strategy – or lack thereof, from Nick Saban – drew an impressive 11.9 rating and 18 million viewers Saturday night. That’s not too far off from the last few National title games. The last CBS regular-season game with a higher rating? You have to go all the way back to 1989.
Yesterday’s 11.9/21 for LSU-Alabama trailed only CBS’s 14.5/26 for Notre Dame vs. Miami (11/25/89).
The Miami-Notre Dame game in 1988 was billed as the Catholics vs. the Convicts. CBS had the game. Man, I could watch this intro – Musburger! – all day. The 1989 game - Notre Dame came in on a 23-game winning streak – was won handily by the Hurricanes, 27-10. [SEC Digital Sports Network]
- Angel Pagan Hit a Walk-Off Inside the Park Home Run Today vs. the Rockies [Video]
- Rich Rodriguez’s 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
- The Evolution of Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen is the Craziest Set of Photos You’ll See This Week
- Champions League Final: Arjen Robben’s Late Goal Wins it for Bayern Munich [Video]
- Champions League Final: Neven Subotic Makes Terrific Sliding Stop to Thwart Sure Goal [Video]
- Some Random Old Dude on Rich Rodriguez's 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
- Monster is Meth on Adam Scott and Other Golfers are Retaining Counsel in Response to the USGA Anchor Putter Ban
- A.P. on Will Smith & DJ Jazzy Jeff Sang the Fresh Prince Song and Alfonso Ribeiro Danced on the Graham Norton Show
- A.P. on Adam Scott and Other Golfers are Retaining Counsel in Response to the USGA Anchor Putter Ban
- Patrick Division on Adam Scott and Other Golfers are Retaining Counsel in Response to the USGA Anchor Putter Ban
63 Responses to “TV Ratings For LSU vs. Alabama Were Enormous For CBS: 11.9 Rating, 18 Million Viewers”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.